Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does Indian Not offer the 2020 Springfield Darkhorse in more color choices? There is Awesome color paint in there Factory. I wish they would let me chose more color choices. I made these images on Paint 3D. It is Indian's factory colors "Ruby Smoke", "Deepwater Metallic" and "Ruby Metallic "(Challenger colors). The Springfield would look great in these colors with all the blacked out metal. I am ready to purchase a 2020 Springfield Darkhorse. However I think the color choices are lacking and i have to add in the cost of paying somebody to paint it.... I am Not a graphic artist I did the best i could. I have no idea how to add metallic flake or gloss (luster) to the Paint 3D program.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,979 Posts
Chris has sent a copy and a link to the mothership re this suggestion and these choices.

Any input?

·
Rider
1,255 Posts
Why does Indian Not offer the 2020 Springfield Darkhorse in more color choices? There is Awesome color paint in there Factory. I wish they would let me chose more color choices. I made these images on Paint 3D. It is Indian's factory colors "Ruby Smoke", "Deepwater Metallic" and "Ruby Metallic "(Challenger colors). The Springfield would look great in these colors with all the blacked out metal. I am ready to purchase a 2020 Springfield Darkhorse. However I think the color choices are lacking and i have to add in the cost of paying somebody to paint it.... I am Not a graphic artist I did the best i could. I have no idea how to add metallic flake or gloss (luster) to the Paint 3D program.
Like the red

·
Registered
302 Posts
I completely agree that the blacked out motors should have a shiny paint option. I guess my next bike will have to be a dark horse with a custom paint job. Fortunately, my dealer is Hollister and they do custom paint jobs all the time.

Phil

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,260 Posts
Nobody knows just yet. I think sales figures plays a part in a certain model getting more colors or not.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I wonder when/if an American motorcycle V-Twin mfg will allow you to choose from a decent pallet of colors/designs and paint the bike to order for an upcharge? I suspect a decent percentage of buyers of high end cruisers and touring bikes would be willing to wait 4 to 6 weeks for delivery if they could customize the paint schemes .... It may also reduce the floor plan cost for dealers.... Maybe a pipe dream but there are high end bicycle mfg's who do just that using an online design/ordering tool.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts