·
Registered
582 Posts
C3E47BAE-2418-44A0-BF17-9049226394F3.png

Reactions: PORKIE

·
Rider
446 Posts
Very limited info. Full color options not listed and no indication as to any mechanical updates. Nice to see the fairing listed but pretty dear at $1,099.00.

Hopefully, more to come... And soon. I know they’re trying to move the remaining 2019’s but you wonder how many potential Scout sales they’re losing to HD’s Street Bob, Slim, ETC.

·
Registered
582 Posts
IMO spokes Kill the look to me. I like my Scout with the “modern classic” look. I’m sure they will sell all they build and hope so!

·
Rider
446 Posts
IMO spokes Kill the look to me. I like my Scout with the “modern classic” look. I’m sure they will sell all they build and hope so!
I’ve never understood the allure of spokes for anything even remotely considered a daily driver. A custom build or a Sunday-go-to-meeting bike? Sure, they ride nice and appear more period correct if that’s what you’re going for. But for anything else? Why would you opt for the unpluggable flat tires and the catastrophic pressure loss associated with tubes when a simple cast wheel does away with all that?

It vexes me, I tell you!

·
Registered
41 Posts
2-1 exhaust is posted, but not listed as available for regular scouts, only the bobber. $1299 and requires the performance intake. The “new” slip on exhaust is still $799 but also requires the performance intake and says combined the two add 10% more power. I’ve got the old slip one and the performance intake on my bike with the Indian tune, curious how close mine is to 10% over stock

·
Registered
853 Posts
2-1 exhaust is posted, but not listed as available for regular scouts, only the bobber. $1299 and requires the performance intake. The “new” slip on exhaust is still $799 but also requires the performance intake and says combined the two add 10% more power. I’ve got the old slip one and the performance intake on my bike with the Indian tune, curious how close mine is to 10% over stock
Not sure if it adds 10% over stock power but it adds at least 30% in cost over aftermarket, lol.

Reactions: muz

·
Bronze member
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like the spokes... the 2-1 exhaust should fit all Scouts... it's the same frame and mounts... the fairing is supposed to be quick release... and for an actual fairing that looks from the factory (because it is) I don't think the price is out of line... if you look at the picture of the fairing and compare that to the "holy grail" bat wing... you can really see the difference... at least I can... it's a way better looking fairing..

·
Registered
853 Posts
I like the spokes... the 2-1 exhaust should fit all Scouts... it's the same frame and mounts... the fairing is supposed to be quick release... and for an actual fairing that looks from the factory (because it is) I don't think the price is out of line... if you look at the picture of the fairing and compare that to the "holy grail" bat wing... you can really see the difference... at least I can... it's a way better looking fairing..
A fairing on a Scout just doesn’t look right to me. If they made a quick release fairing for my Vintage on the other hand I would be interested.

·
Silver member
4,800 Posts
I’ve never understood the allure of spokes for anything even remotely considered a daily driver. A custom build or a Sunday-go-to-meeting bike? Sure, they ride nice and appear more period correct if that’s what you’re going for. But for anything else? Why would you opt for the unpluggable flat tires and the catastrophic pressure loss associated with tubes when a simple cast wheel does away with all that?

It vexes me, I tell you!
I've had spokes on this old Spirit for going on 19 years. Never had an issue with pressure lose. True, if I catch a nail I am done, but that has never happened either....

IMG_0352.JPG
Jesse Garage (2).jpg

·
Bronze member
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A fairing on a Scout just doesn’t look right to me. If they made a quick release fairing for my Vintage on the other hand I would be interested.
except if the bike fits you and you want to go on trips... why not?... I think it looks good on a Scout and being quick release you only need to put it on when you really want it.. not a bad thing..

·
Rider
446 Posts
8771CFF5-C29E-4772-8BD0-ECE3824D4557.jpeg
except if the bike fits you and you want to go on trips... why not?... I think it looks good on a Scout and being quick release you only need to put it on when you really want it.. not a bad thing..
I think that fairing mated to some decent bags will lend the Scout a nice balance. Keep it light, nimble and fast... Not perfect but seems pretty good to me.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Can anyone find those bags on the website? I found the fairing but haven't been able to locate the bags.

Personally, I think it all looks great together. It seems like it's Indian's answer to Harley Davidson's Sport Glide, which is a bike I was heavily considering getting. But I'd rather just get the accessories than get a new bike.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 121 Posts