Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three weeks into getting my bike I took her back to the dealer for my 500 mile service and decided to pull the trigger on the Indian 2-into-1 exhaust, and I love it. I like the shorter look better even though I was ok with the long pipes too. I had them leave the baffles in because I didn't want it to blow out the neighbors when I leave for work pretty early sometimes. The idle sounds great now with a nice low rumble, and getting into it there's a lot better sound than before. I'm attaching a YouTube video link that hopefully works. Even though this exhaust is a little salty compared to other 2-into-1 aftermarket exhausts, there's no need for a tuner since it's designed specifically for the Indian Scout line of bikes, and you get a flash from the dealer to ensure optimized performance (you will need the performance air intake as well). I was fortunate to have the extra cash, and I'm soooo happy I had it put on! Maybe eventually I'll have the baffles removed...

·
Registered
124 Posts
I opted for the 2 into 2 Stage one pipes in black for my 20 Scout 60 just waiting for it to be delivered to dealership. Hope it sounds as good as yours !

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice! Those do sound good. I was going to get them, but I had to wait to get the shorties, and they had 2 into 1 in stock. They had a Scout with the Indian shorties on it, and it sounded pretty good.

·
Bronze member
1,942 Posts
The Indian accessory 2 into 1 and both the shorty and regular accessory slip-ons are sold primarily for the sound and looks.
They are EPA compliant because they have cat/cons. and do not exceed federal noise requirements.

However these are not designed for performance enhancement. If you want to increase your engines specific torque/power out then look to the aftermarket.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Indian accessory 2 into 1 and both the shorty and regular accessory slip-ons are sold primarily for the sound and looks.
They are EPA compliant because they have cat/cons. and do not exceed federal noise requirements.

However these are not designed for performance enhancement. If you want to increase your engines specific torque/power out then look to the aftermarket.
Meh...my bike is fast enough as it is. I’m not trying to kill myself on 2 wheels! Lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also have the 2 into 1 Indian exhaust and air intake on my Scout Sixty. I love the looks and sound. It actually gets a deeper growl in time.
Cool! Good to know. I’m considering taking the baffles off. Do you have the baffles on yours?

·
Premium Member
2020 Indian Scout Sixty
229 Posts
Cool! Good to know. I’m considering taking the baffles off. Do you have the baffles on yours?
I do have the baffles in mine. I needed a little less bark than I had on my Harley with Vance and Hines

·
Registered
6 Posts
That is awesome man! Thanks for posting. I'm going round and round with my dealer right now have my Scout 60 built. This was the latest change from me - requesting the 2 to 1 over the stock 2. Sounds like I made the right right choice. Yours looks great!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is awesome man! Thanks for posting. I'm going round and round with my dealer right now have my Scout 60 built. This was the latest change from me - requesting the 2 to 1 over the stock 2. Sounds like I made the right right choice. Yours looks great!
You’re welcome so glad I could help someone With my post. You are going to flat out love this bike and love these pipes!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Three weeks into getting my bike I took her back to the dealer for my 500 mile service and decided to pull the trigger on the Indian 2-into-1 exhaust, and I love it. I like the shorter look better even though I was ok with the long pipes too. I had them leave the baffles in because I didn't want it to blow out the neighbors when I leave for work pretty early sometimes. The idle sounds great now with a nice low rumble, and getting into it there's a lot better sound than before. I'm attaching a YouTube video link that hopefully works. Even though this exhaust is a little salty compared to other 2-into-1 aftermarket exhausts, there's no need for a tuner since it's designed specifically for the Indian Scout line of bikes, and you get a flash from the dealer to ensure optimized performance (you will need the performance air intake as well). I was fortunate to have the extra cash, and I'm soooo happy I had it put on! Maybe eventually I'll have the baffles removed...

View attachment 597200 View attachment 597201 View attachment 597203

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have the stage 1 slip ons.If you dont change the air filter you dont need the reflash. Indian oem stage 1 pipes whether its the slip ons or the 2 into 1 sound great. plenty loud without being too loud. I went riding the 60 today. The scout 60 is a great cruiser with plenty of power. If I want more power I ride my speed triple.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I also went with Indian 2 into 1 with the airbox, once you hit 5 grand, it HOWLS! Also went with 10" mini-apes, best yet

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Any heat issues with the redirected rear Im in Arizona and some times ride in shorts.
Just saw this. It gets a little tricky if you ride in shorts. I usually have jeans and boots on, and it’s pretty warm. I’ve ridden a couple of times in shorts to the store, and I have to be pretty conscious about the heat.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts