Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,462 Posts
Just an FYI, if you have a Deltran battery tender-(and you should) ,the pig tail that hooks to your battery can also be used to plug in their USB charger. Small 1/4” x 2-1/2” x 3/4”, $10 and all you need is your phone cable. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just an FYI, if you have a Deltran battery tender-(and you should) ,the pig tail that hooks to your battery can also be used to plug in their USB charger. Small 1/4” x 2-1/2” x 3/4”, $10 and all you need is your phone cable. Just my 2 cents.
I like that idea. I noticed these come prewired with a battery tender plug by the ignition key switch.

·
Premium Member
2020 Indian Scout Sixty
229 Posts
Where is this $10 part?

·
Bronze member
2,011 Posts
Where is this $10 part?
I just got one last month from Amazon, $10.95, with free shipping (>$25) because I also got their voltage meter.

And there is a different branded dual USB + voltage meter if you would like to go with it instead, just not sure what the total cost is with shipping for that.
Only reason I didn’t get it was not knowing the quality.
Certainly more versatility to it.

·
Premium Member
2020 Indian Scout Sixty
229 Posts
I just got one last month from Amazon, $10.95, with free shipping (>$25) because I also got their voltage meter.

And there is a different branded dual USB + voltage meter if you would like to go with it instead, just not sure what the total cost is with shipping for that.
Only reason I didn’t get it was not knowing the quality.
Certainly more versatility to it.
Is it the pigtail you are talking about?

·
Bronze member
2,011 Posts
Is it the pigtail you are talking about?
No, I already had that attached to the battery for my Deltran Battery Tender Plus charger.

First Amazon link above is their USB connector for putting onto the SAE pigtail wires.

·
Bronze member
2,011 Posts
Thanks. The link wasn’t opening for me, hence my confusion.
You’re right! I just tried them myself and only get a message saying Safari (my phone web browser) couldn’t open the links. I think that’s because I use an ad blocker app.

Maybe this direct link to Deltran will show the USB adapter. However, $12.95 instead of $10.

Anyway I’m sure a search of your own will locate these things.

·
Bronze member
2,011 Posts
Amazon has it for $10.95 and free shipping for prime members
Yep that was it! You might want to check the similar items for that other one I was talking about, $15.95 I believe, dual USB with voltmeter. Yonhan brand.

I was just afraid it might be too cheap quality.
Although it does have ways to mount it, unlike the Deltran one.

Reactions: GatorGirl

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey all,

I did similar, my 2020 came stock with SAE plug coming off battery.

Bought this SAE-USB adapter on amazon for like $10. I chose this one because it has built in on/off switch directly on it. Held up great. You can get multi port USB as well. I think there were a couple with digital V reading on it that timed out after 10seconds or so as to not drain battery.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00W2Z04ZW/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_i_9gM6EbNA2NQ00

Then just wrapped properly zip tied and ran up to RAM mount. Second port was ran to saddle bag for phone charging.

just what I did!
image.jpg
image.jpg

·
Registered
66 Posts
If you want a plug mount on your handlebars, this look good.
This is very similar to what I used.

I hard wired it to the battery, so I don't need to keep connecting to my battery tender.
I initially was afraid it'll brain my battery, but so far, it's working great and no issue.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts