Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I need some advice on how to remove the rear fender. I got all the bolts off, and I'm unsure where to disconnect the cables. I'm looking for where they connect to the battery, but can't seem to easily navigate through the maze of wires.

There doesn't appear to be any information in the manual regarding removing the fender.

Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello,

I need some advice on how to remove the rear fender. I got all the bolts off, and I'm unsure where to disconnect the cables. I'm looking for where they connect to the battery, but can't seem to easily navigate through the maze of wires.

There doesn't appear to be any information in the manual regarding removing the fender.

Thanks!
I figured out the easiest way is to disconnect the cable that is near the taillight on the fairing itself, and then cut all the zipties. Getting to the cables near the battery is a nightmare.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Absolutely. You don't need to go anywhere near the battery/under seat wiring to remove the rear fender - see my piccy, look at that plug sticking out the back? That's under the fender. All you do is unclip that plug and cut a cable tie/s holding the loom up inside the fender...it's easy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts