Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searched around the internet and I'm not finding a solid answer - does anyone know if it's possible to install bar end mirrors on the 2020 Scout Bobber Sixty stock handlebars?
Not sure what is hiding under the grip, or how to take the grips off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To anyone else interested and looking, my 2020 scout bobber 60 handlebars did have the threads inside. I bought a set of bar end handlebars from KIWAV on amazon. The throttle was sticking on my right hand grip, but I solved that by using a lock washer as a spacer inside the handlebar butted up against the thread bolt. Also trimmed out the inner part of the grip a little more, no more issues!

KiWAV Magazi Stark Black... Amazon.com: KiWAV Magazi Stark Black Motorcycle Bar End Mirrors E-Mark Compatible with Indian Scout Bobber: Automotive

·
Registered
201 Posts
On mine, they could. I adjusted then so it's close but not quite interfering at full lock (about 7mm gap). I do have to be careful; if I knock the mirror on something they could go back to potentially interfering with the take at full lock.

In the image above the mirror is set in the correct position for me and the handlebars are full left lock.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Searched around the internet and I'm not finding a solid answer - does anyone know if it's possible to install bar end mirrors on the 2020 Scout Bobber Sixty stock handlebars?
Not sure what is hiding under the grip, or how to take the grips off.
Yes, the bar ends are threaded. I bought the mirror kit from Indian for like $120 and they installed perfectly. I switched to the vans waffle grips. You can try to pull the stock ones off. Good luck with that. I just sliced them with a razor blade and peeled em off. Be careful with the throttle side. Don't want to cut into the plastic underneath the grip. But the answer to your question is yes.

·
Registered
62 Posts
@macpo80 did you just trim down the stock grips to remove the ends? I picked up the oem bar end mirror kit this week and am trying to decide if I really need to buy new grips or if I can skip that for now.

·
Registered
50 Posts
@macpo80 did you just trim down the stock grips to remove the ends? I picked up the oem bar end mirror kit this week and am trying to decide if I really need to buy new grips or if I can skip that for now.
Please update if you find any more out. I want to do the same thing, I'll pick up the mirrors next weekend.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes, the bar ends are threaded. I bought the mirror kit from Indian for like $120 and they installed perfectly. I switched to the vans waffle grips. You can try to pull the stock ones off. Good luck with that. I just sliced them with a razor blade and peeled em off. Be careful with the throttle side. Don't want to cut into the plastic underneath the grip. But the answer to your question is yes.
I just sent you a message

1 - 11 of 11 Posts