Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
2020 Scout Bobber Icon
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I did it! I finally joined the tribe! Just got my Scout Bobber today from Baker American Cycles in Fayetteville, NC. Ordered a few extras for her but couldn't wait a second longer without two wheels, so for a starting point, here is my bone stock 2020 Scout Bobber - Ruby! Looking forward to learning from everyone on the forum and building this beauty to be uniquely mine!

UPGRADES:
07/26/20
Indian Shift and Brake Pegs
Indian Pathfinder LED Headlight
Indian Tan Comfort Seat
Indian Tan Passenger Seat w/ Backrest
Indian Passenger Pegs
01/26/20
Indian Bobber Saddlebag
12" War Bonnet Decal Silver
Custom Dynamics Turn Signals
Fork Reflector Delete 馃槵
02/20/22
Indian Floorboards
Oversized Scout Grips

Attachments

Registered
Welcome to a fellow Bobber owner. Check out the referral thread for $250 gift cards (up to 3 if you use someone's code and you have 2 people use yours) It is all explained in the thread here.

Founding member / Distinguished
Red bikes rock! I have the Ruby Red metallic on my 2019 Scout Icon. Your Bobber looks great.

Registered
2020 Scout Bobber Icon
Discussion Starter #8
Dealer finally got my parts in from backorder, still waiting for the passenger pegs though! (More pics to come when I get my phone camera fixed)

Registered
2020 Scout Bobber Icon
Discussion Starter #9
Still no passenger pegs (or new phone 馃槄), alas, I gave Ruby her first bath and had to take some shots. Got a lil crazy with the editor and made myself a new phone background, she's sitting pretty now though!

Registered
2021 Indian Scout Bobber
I love what you did with the brake lines. I ordered similar covers for mine. I can see in some places you used zip ties to secure it. Can I ask what you used near the handlebars? It looks smooth!

Registered
2020 Scout Bobber Icon
Discussion Starter #12
I love what you did with the brake lines. I ordered similar covers for mine. I can see in some places you used zip ties to secure it. Can I ask what you used near the handlebars? It looks smooth!
Good eye! Yes I used zip ties down below for extra security but nothing up top on the bars. The wrap I bought snaps closed so the zips really aren't necessary at all, just for peace of mind 鉁

Registered
2020 Scout Bobber Icon
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Had to work late last night and work early this morning, so instead of sleep I installed all my recent parts 馃榿
New Saddlebag courtesy of @Xsv
Custom Dynamics led turn signals
And finally got that war Bonnet I've been oogling over since I was a kid, will post pics later!

Registered
2020 Scout Bobber Icon
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

Not going to lie, I totally screwed up the right side decal. Pulled the top sheet off before the soap mix had time to dry underneath the decal itself, lots of bubble. Also I don't like the location, it is too far forward. Even worse, the color is not what I was wanting, it looks too white!

Already ordered another set of gunmetal decals, but here is what it looks like all dressed up with silver 馃ゲ

Registered
View attachment 622019 View attachment 622020

Not going to lie, I totally screwed up the right side decal. Pulled the top sheet off before the soap mix had time to dry underneath the decal itself, lots of bubble. Also I don't like the location, it is too far forward. Even worse, the color is not what I was wanting, it looks too white!

Already ordered another set of gunmetal decals, but here is what it looks like all dressed up with silver 馃ゲ
Looks good . The whites not to bad but I do like the color of your bike .
Sometimes I wish I had a rear seat but my wife has no interest but man it would be nice to have my lady on the back

Registered
2020 Scout Bobber Icon
Discussion Starter #16
Looks good . The whites not to bad but I do like bike color of your bike .
Sometimes I wish I had a rear seat but my wife has no interest but man it would be nice to have my lady on the back
Thanks. And my seat is just for looks, hasn't seen a single bum yet 馃槀馃檭

Registered
2020 Scout Bobber Icon
Discussion Starter #18
Gun metal decals came in, no thanks to usps for folding the flat pack to fit in my mailbox.馃槕 Luckily the creases were only in the wax paper.

I only did the exhaust side and the difference is subtle in artificial light (will take more pics when it's not freezing rain outside) but it's MUCH better than the silver. I'm still debating if it's too loud on the tank or not. Don't want to distract the eye and detract from the overall look. Gloss black over the matte black possibly? I think that might look pretty slick!

Anyways, here's the indoor shots from today, as always opinions are welcome

Registered
@KingChow, I think the new decal looks great. Definitely not too loud. The gun metal ties nicely with the silver cylinder heads and kind of forms a triangle, drawing your eyes to the headdress and engine. At least based on these pics.

Registered
Gun metal decals came in, no thanks to usps for folding the flat pack to fit in my mailbox. Luckily the creases were only in the wax paper.

I only did the exhaust side and the difference is subtle in artificial light (will take more pics when it's not freezing rain outside) but it's MUCH better than the silver. I'm still debating if it's too loud on the tank or not. Don't want to distract the eye and detract from the overall look. Gloss black over the matte black possibly? I think that might look pretty slick!

Anyways, here's the indoor shots from today, as always opinions are welcome View attachment 623632 View attachment 623633
Where did you get the decals from?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts