Bronze member
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Bronze member
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
$8999.00 MSRP - Same as the "regular" Scout 60
$2k cheaper than the Scout Bobber (69ci)
$2.5k cheaper than a "regular" Scout (69ci)

With part of the difference in price, one could have the dealership, as a prerequisite for sale, add the parts needed to the "SB60" to instantly get S69 performance (Scout 60 - Get Scout 69 performance easy and quick.)

Or add the $1299.95 Revolution Performance 1300cc BB kit (1300cc (79") Inch Service Big Bore Kit - Revolution Performance)
And go straight to "king of the hill" power..

·
Registered
129 Posts
The only style element it's missing that I really like on its big brother are the drop down mirrors.

Reactions: Chief Signguru

·
Bronze member
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
ok but its 10k out the door
Nawt soow faust grasshopper..

MOMZ

Registered

Joined Apr 21, 2016
1,626 Posts
#10 8 h ago
My local dealer has had two in the last two weeks.

A at the bargain price of $8499.
$500 less than the regular 60.

·
Rider
932 Posts
Looks coll. My son has been looking at scouts. He may just go for this one. Looks like his style and the price is right.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,833 Posts
I have a daughter who wants to start riding once she completes a basic rider training course. This model might interest her.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Just rode the bobber and bobber 60 back-to-back. I gotta say, I was really impressed with the 60. I'd love a little more torque near idle on the clutch uptake, but it doesn't skimp on the top end. Once it comes on cam, I was just as happy with the 60 as the 69. Of course, the 69 is faster. I've no disillusions about that. For me though, the experience isn't worth the extra coin. I'll spend on the solo seat and LED headlight instead.

FWIW, I'm a 2nd-year rider coming from a Vulcan S650.

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Just rode the bobber and bobber 60 back-to-back. I gotta say, I was really impressed with the 60. I'd love a little more torque near idle on the clutch uptake, but it doesn't skimp on the top end. Once it comes on cam, I was just as happy with the 60 as the 69. Of course, the 69 is faster. I've no disillusions about that. For me though, the experience isn't worth the extra coin. I'll spend on the solo seat and LED headlight instead.

FWIW, I'm a 2nd-year rider coming from a Vulcan S650.
Great post..
Seems you have good taste in machines. The V650 is a GREAT bike too, and I'm not the biggest fan of Kawasaki..

·
Registered
173 Posts
Great post..
Seems you have good taste in machines. The V650 is a GREAT bike too, and I'm not the biggest fan of Kawasaki..
Yeah I'm going to miss the vulcan. Such a unique mix of sportbike and cruiser. It got smacked in the parking lot in October last year. Would have rebuilt it but MI insurance laws are bullsh!t. Now with the 60 the bobber is in my price range. Anyways, much more growth potential in the bobber it seems! There wasn't much headroom in the vulcan (and, IMO, it'll just never sound the part).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts