Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 Roadmaster with ride command and have never been able to sync a route from the ride command app to the bike. Can't even use a USB thumb drive to import a test route into the ride command. Are any of you 2020 Roadmaster owners able to do this? I have a case open with Indian but no help at all. I have a google pixel 3 and have blue tooth tethering enabled along with every other permission on the phone for the app. I see the routes on the import screen but when I press on the arrow to move the to the bike I get nothing. This applies to USB GPX files as well that I download directly from the Indian ride command site. And yes my bike is logged into my account and phone is connect to the bike.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have similar problems, with the added frustration of my bike not showing up on the app. I have been able to import a route from a usb, but I cannot get it to load on the RideCommand side. Nor can I get the Weather Overlay to work even when not using an imported route. After contacting RideCommand, they advised me to go to my dealer. My dealer is 2 hours away, but there is a new dealer an hour away. But why would I ride all that way when RideCommand should be able to walk my thru the issue? Not impressed, tho I do love my bike.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Similar issue, after many attempts I could load a route to the bike from the app on my pixel 3..
But from there I'm stuck, when I select the ride then the GPS gives me back a computation error code. Tryed with different rides, same issue.

I have another issue on the bike GPS : I cannot select a foreign country destination.

Logged tickets to Indian few months ago, never got any response.

I believe this GPS and RC SW release is an alfa version as basic functions are not yet implemented, but Indian won't admit it

·
Registered
2020 Roadmaster 116 stage 2
62 Posts
Well, it sure feels like they went backwards on the 2020 Ride Command. My 2018 worked so much better than the 2020 so far....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Finally could make it !
2 days ago, Indian changed something on their servers, reponse from internet detsination seearch from the servers is very different now. And guess what ? Routes sync is now working.
The one thing to remember is that the smartphone must be set to allow internet acces sharing through blue tooth, it's ususally not set by default on the phones.

Still many bugs and functionnality not working on the 2020 RC, but at least this one is off the list for me

·
Registered
2 Posts
Planning routes only works if you do this on your computer. On the bike you need to let RC acess internet through your bluetotth connected cellphone. Then you need to transfer the planned rout to the RC. As I live in Sweden and RC cannot work with navigation as long as the phone is connected I need to deactivate bluetooth on the phone. This is an issue that Polaris need to solve. My dealer here in Sweden says that Polaris will solve this in the future. With the new update this summer I now uses Apple Car Play instead which works flawless.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Any updates on this?

I just bought a '21 RM DH and finally figured out (through a lot of internet searching and then Indian's Customer Support site) that I had to pair my headset to the Ride Command and NOT my iPhone, so finally have CarPlay working. However, even though I can play my music from my iPhone and make/receive phone calls, my Ride Command app says that I need to "Pair your bike via bluetooth to see vehicle data" and I also cannot sync rides from the app to the RC. Can't believe there's so many issues with this.

Currently, the bike is with the dealer getting the 500 mile service and a lot of goodies added - and some things removed ;) - but I guess the next thing I'm going to try is to remove the app, clear the bluetooth devices out and start over.

Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
213 Posts
It's even worse here in Europe. It is not possible to enter for exemple a normal route from Berlin to Paris. Paris doesn't exist inside the 2020 Ride Command. All towns and places outside Germany do not exist. But if I'm looking for Paris on the map and I'm typing my finger on it, I can start a route. Navigation of the '90s! Congratulations Polaris/Indian!

·
Registered
38 Posts
So got the bike back and after riding for about 10 minutes of listening to music via CarPlay, RC lost connection and then I couldn't even play music via BlueTooth or via USB. The message displayed said I needed to connect via USB to listen to music, but it was already connected. Then it started "Reading" from the USB device and that just went on forever and I could never listen to music on my iPhone - only FM.

After some more research here, I found someone had posted a message stating to turn Bluetooth off on your phone and then connect it to the USB port. I did that today and rode for about 35 miles without incident. However, just as I got within a half-mile from my house, I lost CarPlay. ??? Very odd. Pulled into the driveway and got off the bike to open the garage door and by the time I got back on the bike, CarPlay was back working.

As for the RC app, it continues to show that I need to connect to BT in order for the app to sync with the bike. I tried removing the BT entries on both RC & the phone and then re-connected, but made no difference.

While I really enjoy having CarPlay, I don't like the fact that I can't make/receive calls with BT turned off. It's not a big deal, but hate when technology doesn't work like it should. In addition, given the number of complaints/issues that have been reported on this site alone, you'd think Polaris would do more to improve the Owners Manual or at least provide better online instructions via their Customer Support site.

Come on Indian, make this right!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've pretty much given up on using the nav feature. No matter what I have tried it just wants me to make turns into neighbors to make blocks and put me back on the route. Always wanting me to turn around etc. Also, the cumulative trip screen just randomly resets to a new ride. This is a completely replace unit still having problems

·
Registered
49 Posts
So got the bike back and after riding for about 10 minutes of listening to music via CarPlay, RC lost connection and then I couldn't even play music via BlueTooth or via USB. The message displayed said I needed to connect via USB to listen to music, but it was already connected. Then it started "Reading" from the USB device and that just went on forever and I could never listen to music on my iPhone - only FM.

After some more research here, I found someone had posted a message stating to turn Bluetooth off on your phone and then connect it to the USB port. I did that today and rode for about 35 miles without incident. However, just as I got within a half-mile from my house, I lost CarPlay. ??? Very odd. Pulled into the driveway and got off the bike to open the garage door and by the time I got back on the bike, CarPlay was back working.

As for the RC app, it continues to show that I need to connect to BT in order for the app to sync with the bike. I tried removing the BT entries on both RC & the phone and then re-connected, but made no difference.

While I really enjoy having CarPlay, I don't like the fact that I can't make/receive calls with BT turned off. It's not a big deal, but hate when technology doesn't work like it should. In addition, given the number of complaints/issues that have been reported on this site alone, you'd think Polaris would do more to improve the Owners Manual or at least provide better online instructions via their Customer Support site.

Yo Tengo una Roadmaster Limited del 21 y ya llevo nueve meses y no consigo que funcione bien y contaste nada, ni GPS ni teléfono, una mierda, me cambiaron la pantalla y Sigue igual, mejoro unos días y ya esta igual, Polaris dice que la próxima actualización lo arreglara, jajajajajaj

I have a Roadmaster Limited from 21 and it's been nine months now and I can't get it to work well and you told me nothing, neither GPS nor phone, shit, they changed the screen and It's still the same, I improve a few days and it's the same, Polaris says that it next update will fix it, hahahahaha

·
Registered
49 Posts

I have a Roadmaster Limited from 21 and it's been nine months now and I can't get it to work well and you told me nothing, neither GPS nor phone, shit, they changed the screen and It's still the same, I improve a few days and it's the same, Polaris says that it next update will fix it, hahahahaha

·
Registered
49 Posts
Anyone succeeded ?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've pretty much given up on using the nav feature. No matter what I have tried it just wants me to make turns into neighbors to make blocks and put me back on the route. Always wanting me to turn around etc. Also, the cumulative trip screen just randomly resets to a new ride. This is a completely replace unit still having problems

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I posted in another ride command thread that I am in fact having pretty good results with my ride command. There are some "rules" you need to follow when building your routes. If you do, it works pretty well. Below are my notes:

Route planning notes.
1 using ride command site, place waypoints through corners and on straight sections as the screen says “arrived” and blocks the map so make sure you don’t put waypoints anywhere close to upcoming turns.
2. do your best to make sure you don’t need to skip any waypoints as this throws the entire route off and I really don’t know how to salvage it when a waypoint is missed/skipped.
3. make sure waypoints are exactly on the road.
4. placing waypoints in locations is necessary to force the route to stay on the roads you wanted.
5. pick your starting point a ways out from town and just let the ride command get you there as you can only have 25 waypoints and this seems to keep it from sending you in circles. Never start your route at your current location. no need to micromanage in town navigation.
6. it’s a good idea to have your final destination address that you will be staying as the last waypoint so you can just go there rather than stop and look up directions.
7. for loops, do a “to” route and then a “return” route.
8. If the display tries to make you return to a waypoint after you have past it, go to edit the route on the screen and choose skip. Seems to solve it.

·
Registered
49 Posts

Yo Tengo una Roadmaster Limited del 21 y ya llevo nueve meses y no consigo que funcione bien y contaste nada, ni GPS ni teléfono, una mierda, me cambiaron la pantalla y Sigue igual, mejoro unos días y ya esta igual, Polaris dice que la próxima actualización lo arreglara, jajajajajaj

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have a 2020 Roadmaster with ride command and have never been able to sync a route from the ride command app to the bike. Can't even use a USB thumb drive to import a test route into the ride command. Are any of you 2020 Roadmaster owners able to do this? I have a case open with Indian but no help at all. I have a google pixel 3 and have blue tooth tethering enabled along with every other permission on the phone for the app. I see the routes on the import screen but when I press on the arrow to move the to the bike I get nothing. This applies to USB GPX files as well that I download directly from the Indian ride command site. And yes my bike is logged into my account and phone is connect to the bike.

·
Registered
49 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts

Tengo un Roadmaster Limited de 21 y ya han pasado nueve meses y no puedo hacer que funcione bien y no me dijiste nada, ni GPS ni teléfono, mierda, cambiaron la pantalla y sigue siendo lo mismo, mejoro unos días y es lo mismo, Polaris dice que la próxima actualización lo arreglará, jajajajaja

1 - 20 of 20 Posts