Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m sure everyone got the email notification. It’s a stunner that’s for sure.

·
Registered
115 Posts
"If you’re hoping to get your hands on one, you’ll have to be quick. Only 225 units of this year’s very limited Roadmaster Elite will be produced, priced at $38,999." Ouch

·
Silver member
3,481 Posts
I like the blue one better.

·
Silver member
3,693 Posts
Before the forum was destroyed it was concluded that the red push rod covers on the 2020 Chieftain Elite are for wussies. The same reasoning would apply here.

·
Bronze member
4,459 Posts
The black pint is boring, and the red push rod tubes are tacky. This will most likely be like the Black Hill Silver Chieftian Elites that failed to sell. Very Underwhelming release

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
The best part about this bike, will be reading all the Comment on articles that are written on this thing.
The general riding public will have a field day with this one..

·
Bronze member
3,502 Posts
the paint job is blahh to me... to modern of a style for the style of bike and too dark for a custom paint... the money meh... it's only money and if you have that much to spend on a bike good for you... it's only 2k more than a JD Springfield... I'm not as bad as J Backlund but I wouldn't be spending anything north of 25K for a bike anyway...

·
Bronze member
2,268 Posts
There will always be a small fraction of customer who want "the most bling from factory" bike and be done and who are ready to pay for it AT ONCE.
Indian believes it will be 255 buyers worldwide this year.

(Speaking about myself: I prefer a reasonably equipped and priced mid to low range bike and then later add here and there bling and power adders when budget allows ... it will be clearly MINE afterwards and not some boutique bike)

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Let me jump in here. This motorcycle is sexy for sure 19 inches inside a skirted fender absolutely custom. The paint is going to be awesome up close. Price is subjective, cheaper than a CVO and better too. A reality hit for those crying about the price is many standard Roadmasters leave the dealer stock but in short order many dollars are spent on upgrades and perhaps over several years. Here you get the whole package all at once for probably the cost you would have ascended to anyway if you consider shop labour.

I can’t afford one but I sure as heck will not criticize the person that can. I can’t wait to see one in the flesh, but with only 225 available they sell quickly.

Bravery doesn’t come without fear, honour the fallen.

·
Bronze member
3,502 Posts
I won't slam anyone for buying it... just not my cup of tea.. in fact the JD Springfield to me is the best looking Springfield to date... still wouldn't spend that much on a bike... but if you can and do... more power to ya'

Reactions: circ

·
Rider
1,011 Posts
No one is slamming anyone for buying it. All we saying is the paint job/scheme is ugly with those straight lines dividing the fender and the bags, take away from the overall shape of the bike.

Who gives a sh!t if it looks good from up close, may be they put glitter and feathers under it, but looks ugly from every other angle, at least to me.

I wonder who at Indian is choosing these "Elite" paint schemes!
Why not consult an independent custom bike painter.

As for the price, it's still an abomination in my opinion, unless it shoots flames out of it's ass.

But, If someone loves it, and or buys it, absolutely good on them, no judgement.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts