Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
It is fixed as far as I have been able to garage test. It's still not riding season here or at least the roads are still white with salt and I'm not ready to subject to that. The weather and traffic is now active and the entire map is data filled. From new I was only getting a skeleton map missing most county, town roads and city streets. The sign in to ride command works and temp/time is no longer flashing. I believe based on inspection of the parts that they replaced the entire head unit, modem and GPS + all the cables. The dealer was very tight lipped as to what they actually did to fix it but the long time it took and telltale signs tell me it was the entire electronics base. The garage door interface/touch screen command is pretty sweet, that did work out of the box. I'm looking forward to a trouble free spring and summer putting some miles on.
You should have gotten a copy of the invoice detailing what was done for your maintenance records

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
You should have gotten a copy of the invoice detailing what was done for your maintenance records

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I did. I had it in for a stage 2 upgrade and break in service at the same time. All that was on the invoice but nothing on the electronics except. "diagnose and repair ride command, map, gps issues". They were very cryptic on that entire diagnosis but based on my conversation with the Polaris rep they were going to replace the entire electronics package.

·
Founding Member / Distinguished
4,078 Posts
It is fixed as far as I have been able to garage test. It's still not riding season here or at least the roads are still white with salt and I'm not ready to subject to that. The weather and traffic is now active and the entire map is data filled. From new I was only getting a skeleton map missing most county, town roads and city streets. The sign in to ride command works and temp/time is no longer flashing. I believe based on inspection of the parts that they replaced the entire head unit, modem and GPS + all the cables. The dealer was very tight lipped as to what they actually did to fix it but the long time it took and telltale signs tell me it was the entire electronics base. The garage door interface/touch screen command is pretty sweet, that did work out of the box. I'm looking forward to a trouble free spring and summer putting some miles on.
Can you post a picture of the weather overlay and traffic overlay ? Thanks !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Do you have to buy/install the garage door opener module in order for the touch screen to work or is this built in to the Ride Command interface without having to buy the unit?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Do you have to buy/install the garage door opener module in order for the touch screen to work or is this built in to the Ride Command interface without having to buy the unit?
You do need to have the garage door opener module installed to use the touch screen. The module is what is programmed and communicates with the garage door.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts