Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, wife and I just sold our house and I’m finally able to buy another bike. I haven’t had a bike for about 9 years and it’s finally happening again.

I fell In love with the scout when they first came out and I am dead set in getting one. My question is should I buy a 2020 or earlier. It’s going to be a scout sixty abs to clarify so idk what years are better than others or should I get a 2020 or whatever.

I’m gonna be ready to buy first if June. So I’m ready. Help me decide. Any and all information is welcome. I love learning new things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
2,011 Posts
I believe the 60 is unchanged since 2017.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe the 60 is unchanged since 2017.
Oh really? I heard something about upgraded brakes on the 2020s. Must’ve only been the scouts Not sixtys huh?

Can you tell me about the changes in 2017? Should I get one before that?

·
Bronze member
2,733 Posts
'17's and below have 60mm throttle bodies. Newer than '17 are 54mm.. MIght be important if you are going to unlock the S60 detune and "let'er fly"..

·
Registered
938 Posts
There was a thread here summarizing model year differences, but I can’t find it now. Maybe you’ll have better luck.

I recently noted some accessories on Polaris website only fit 2019 and after - exhaust for example. So there may be some minor changes. I can’t tell by looking at them.

·
Registered
198 Posts
'17's and below have 60mm throttle bodies. Newer than '17 are 54mm.. MIght be important if you are going to unlock the S60 detune and "let'er fly"..
Is there any evidence that change made a difference in power for a tuned 60? I read through the sticky but there aren't back to back dynos. Asking because I see this assumption all the time, but a smaller intake diameter can sometimes improve power by accelerating the intake velocity and improving mixture and combustion. Sometimes it just doesn't play a factor. Sometimes it does. Just saying it's complicated and needs investigation.

Anyways, didn't mean to derail, OP. I bought a 2020 bobber sixty and absolutely love it. No regrets whatsoever.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’m leaning towards a new one. A big factor is I can’t find any used scouts anywhere.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hah! I had a similar problem. Should tell you all you need to know about the bike...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea. I. Only have a $10k limit on my purchase. Makes it hard to by a new one with abs

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea. I’m looking for a regular scout or scout 60. I found a regular scout for sale on Craigslist and it’s the ONLY scout for sale anywhere near here.

I emailed and he said it’s a 2016. I’d really prefer a newer bike tho

·
Bronze member
2,011 Posts
heard something about upgraded brakes on the 2020s. Must’ve only been the scouts Not sixtys huh?
Now that you mention it I think I also saw something about brakes, unfortunately I don’t even know if it was about the Scouts.

·
Bronze member
2,733 Posts
Is there any evidence that change made a difference in power for a tuned 60? I read through the sticky but there aren't back to back dynos. Asking because I see this assumption all the time, but a smaller intake diameter can sometimes improve power by accelerating the intake velocity and improving mixture and combustion. Sometimes it just doesn't play a factor. Sometimes it does. Just saying it's complicated and needs investigation.

Anyways, didn't mean to derail, OP. I bought a 2020 bobber sixty and absolutely love it. No regrets whatsoever.

If you read through the sticky, then you know that the 54mm ('18 and up) S60's do seem to respond to "un-detuning" and "un-corking" as well as the older 60mm S60's. We just do not currently have dyno charts on the 54mm S60's proving parity.

The S60 powerband is/was always about unlocking the upper 1/4th of the RPM range.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I’m just trying to nail down the best year to look for. Is there one year that’s better than most?

·
Bronze member
2,733 Posts
I’m just trying to nail down the best year to look for. Is there one year that’s better than most?

Yes, there is - at least from a suspension standpoint.. What others will have to help you with is whether the suspension has been steadily improved, or not, in the '19's and the '20's....

·
Registered
92 Posts

I think think the 2018 scout bobber in black is the best. I just happen to be selling one. What a coincidence. Check it out in for sale forum. I do have all original parts they were removed or replaced. Just put a comfort seat on it

·
Registered
416 Posts
I really don’t like the bobbers. It seems everyone loves the bobbers but I just love the original look

Nothing wrong with the bobber, imho. Just not my cup o’ tea. Of course, that’s why Indian (or any manufacturer) makes different models and styles.

But yeah I love the Scout.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,251 Posts
I think Indian of Toledo might still have a left-over 2019 Scout ABS in Jade Green metallic.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts