Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what day the 2020’s go on sale and on display in Dealership showrooms?

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
No date that I have seen, but for the last couple of years, they have come out towards the end of September around here.

·
Registered
321 Posts
The "insider speculation" I had read said Sturgis for the bagger and EICMA in November for the FTR based streetfighter. We all know now that their Sturgis guess was a bust, so we'll just have to see what pans out at EICMA LOL

·
Silver member
4,839 Posts
I don’t expect a “streetfighter”, but rather a “street” model. Less spectacular than the FTR, but more versatile instead.

Think volume

·
Bronze member
3,652 Posts
The "insider speculation" I had read said Sturgis for the bagger and EICMA in November for the FTR based streetfighter. We all know now that their Sturgis guess was a bust, so we'll just have to see what pans out at EICMA LOL

Just like last year, Polaris will no longer announce new bikes at Sturgis, as to help protect dealers for Augusts sales. (notice all of the August incentives) Look for the announcements of the 2020 line up first couple of weeks of September, just like last year. The Challenger and new FTR may be announced a little later (October) was the date hinted at at the dealer meetings.

·
Bronze member
3,063 Posts
The EPA consider MY the year they go into service, and the fact the list shows all the new BBK versions means its legit.
there is nothing in there about a 116 stand alone.... it's all BBK (Big Bore KIT) or as we call it Stage III... and if that is legit then Indian is bringing back the Chief and Chief Classic

·
Bronze member
3,652 Posts
there is nothing in there about a 116 stand alone.... it's all BBK (Big Bore KIT) or as we call it Stage III... and if that is legit then Indian is bringing back the Chief and Chief Classic

That CARB report may be indicating a new tune for the 111/116 models (2019)

That being said, the new bikes last year were announced first week of September and the CARB cert wasn't until later that month.

·
Silver member
4,839 Posts
And no sign yet from the Streetfighter (really about the only new HD that interests me, and "announced" for a 2020 release afaik)?

1 - 20 of 92 Posts