Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
Finally got a motorcycle and I’m in love with my 2020 Scout Bobber sixty!! Was hoping to start adding mods soon but not to sure where to start. Any ideas would be great! Thanks in advance!!

·
Bronze member
2,732 Posts
1st thing is to get a PV3 from Fuel Moto and flash the (free) Fuel Moto "Stock Improved" tune for the Scout 60. Gets rid of the polaris detune on your bike and creates huge power gains everywhere.. See the sticky on the S60 forum..

Reactions: Notaharley

·
Registered
62 Posts
Looks like you have the 1920 seat so you may be fine there compared to stock. I quickly swapped to comfort seat and love it.

For my bobber sixty, I did
1) Seat
2) Passenger parts for my wife
3) V&H slash cut exhaust (arriving today)

Is that an Indian bag? I’m thinking next on my list is a right side bag, pathfinder light, and filter/tune to. not necessarily in that order.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Are you talking about my bag? It's an Ends Cuoio Tamahawk in Desert Tan.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
First of all @Bobber_Manny, congrats, I got a Scout Sixty last month, love the full fender - cruiser look than a bobber one - nonetheless, it's the same bike anyways. GREAT MOTORCYCLE.
  • I would suggest break it in first. While breaking it in, you will realize some "required" mods and some "not-so-required" mods. For example, if you ride often and long, I would suggest getting a Corbin seat (runs you about 300-500$ new) now that's a required mod, you don't need loud pipes - it's a not-so-required mod so you can delay it after you get done with all your required mods.
  • Other mods will be air-intake and a tune as said by @Indianster.
  • LED Headlights (Indian or aftermarket such as Eagle Lights)
and the list goes on...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hey everyone,
Finally got a motorcycle and I’m in love with my 2020 Scout Bobber sixty!! Was hoping to start adding mods soon but not to sure where to start. Any ideas would be great! Thanks in advance!!
I did a video on scout mods that got pretty popular. Its on youtube under my name here.... Mostly it was just functional mods like a more comfortable seat, a fairing for wind, a better headlight. I didn’t mention heated grips but i got kosos and they changed my ride completely.

if you want mods that look cool, i changed out the silver shift rod with a black one from joker machine. Blacked out front turn signals from kuryakyn... third party bags also tend to look amazing.

its up to you though, theres no shortage of changes you can make. You should ride for a while before you start switching stuff out though, unless something you see really speaks to you. Great example would be bags or a fairing, until you know what youve struggled with - did you show up somewhere and wish you had room for more clothes or food. Did a hummingbird hit you in the face and make you wish you had a guard like a windshield — maybe you don’t care about any of that but the bike that rode by with a fully exposed drive belt made you want the same.

i dunno, thats just my opinion.

you’re better off looking at all cruiser style bikes you like and identifying what you like than going by a list of indian scout mods. You can make almost anything fit, or find the same stuff for scouts

1 - 11 of 11 Posts