Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First bike, first Indian!

Recently purchased a 2020 Bobber Sixty ABS. Loving the bike other than the seat and being only 5’7” the handlebars will need to be changed (come up and move slightly back). Thanks to COVID, the cables will not be available until December. (If anyone has any they want to get rid of for an ABS model, let me know).

So far only got around to getting rid of the stock mufflers, replaced with Vance & Hines 3” Slip-ons. Sounds very nice! Maybe on the border of loud.

I don’t know if it’s just because the riding position but after about 20-30 minutes, my a$$ is going numb along with other parts I won’t mention. LOL

I’m looking for good seat options with an addition of passenger seat. Do Scout Bobber seats fit the Bobber Sixty? So far liking the Corbin seats (Not the price though). Looking for any recommendations on seats. Any other upgrades you would consider prior to throwing the passenger on the back?

What else would you upgrade for comfort? Maybe moving foot controls forward? I have an LED headlight on order.

Any and all comments appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Cruiser Car

·
Bronze member
1,213 Posts
The bobber has reduced foot controls and a short drag bar. Both can replaced with stock. That will put your feet more more forward and arms back.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm in California, if you're nearby I have some stock handlebars from a scout. You can see how you like them in person. Some people put those on their bobbers before, but I'm not sure about extending the foot controls... more seem to swap to mid controls probably because of the shorter suspension.

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
I’m looking for good seat options with an addition of passenger seat. Do Scout Bobber seats fit the Bobber Sixty? So far liking the Corbin seats (Not the price though). Looking for any recommendations on seats. Any other upgrades you would consider prior to throwing the passenger on the back?

What else would you upgrade for comfort? Maybe moving foot controls forward? I have an LED headlight on order.
The Bobber seats should fit your Bobber 60 as the 60 models don't change frame elements. I had a 2016 Scout 60 before the Bobber came out so you might prefer to check the the fitting.

On my Scout I had the 1920 Solo saddle. Some people like these and other people don't. I found it comfortable and good for all day rides. On longer rides I added an Airhawk. This will fit the Bobber but because the fender is different from the stock Scout it needs it's own cover plate underneath. This means buying the whole 1920 kit for the stock bike as well as the Bobber cover plate.

An alternative is a sprung seat. The most popular seem to be Mother Road

·
Registered
12 Posts
I replaced my stock seat with an Indian "comfort seat", the stock seat was making my thighs go numb after about 45 minutes of riding, I'm 5'10" 225 pounds. The comfort seat is a slightly larger version of the stock seat with enough additional padding to make riding more comfortable.

·
Registered
138 Posts
It took about 500 miles for my stock S60 seat to break in. I tried adding an AirHawk pad, and then a gel pad, but once the seat broke in I didn't need either. You might just need a bit of saddle time to wear it in.

I'd definitely upgrade the rear shocks before adding a passenger. The Fox shocks are expensive, but for me they have been worth it. They are very easy to adjust on the fly. I think they also resolved some of my issues with the firm seat. I'm glad I didn't plunk down a bunch of cash on a new saddle before changing them out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm into the bike for more than 500 miles, the comfort seat made the difference for me. Before I start upgrading shocks, I'll probably move to a bigger bike - that's just me, I do the same thing with cars - for the most part keep them like they left the factory, if I need more I move to a different model.

That said, I did have the bike delivered to me new with Stage 1 pipes, but I saw that as a safety change, the stock exhaust is whisper quiet.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Yeah I see people comment on the bobber bars not being far back and the seat not being comfortable etc. So the bobber isn't designed to be a cruiser comfortable bike. It's designed to rip around on. I'm 5'7 and the bike is perfectly fine. I would agree I could move the controls forward a touch but if you are going on a cruise you can just put your heals on the top of the pegs. It'll straighten your legs out. It also plants your butt on the seat better making it way more comfortable. The bars on the bobber are perfect for what type of bike it is. I think it's built pefect for someone under 6 foot. It would seem like a toy if I was over 6 in my opinion. Having said that Corbin makes awesome seats and I'll also be upgrading the rear shocks to get a bit better ride going over bumps.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm into the bike for more than 500 miles, the comfort seat made the difference for me. Before I start upgrading shocks, I'll probably move to a bigger bike - that's just me, I do the same thing with cars - for the most part keep them like they left the factory, if I need more I move to a different model.

That said, I did have the bike delivered to me new with Stage 1 pipes, but I saw that as a safety change, the stock exhaust is whisper quiet.

Stock exhaust breaks in too. It is somewhat quiet relatively speaking but it sounds good

·
Registered
56 Posts
i have the same bike and had the same problem with the butt pain after 30 minutes of riding, i realized its the ridge on back of the seat that prevents you from slipping back. i upgrade to the 1920 seat and its much more comfortable even though there is less cushion.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I agree with JSimones about the ridge at the back of the seat making it uncomfortable and even painfull on long rides. I tried the "comfort seat" but it still has that ridge. Indian and other seat manufacturers say the regular Scout (not the Bobber) seat will not fit the Bobber, but I found a slightly used Scout seat in brown and decided to take a chance. When it arrived, I found that the only thing preventing it from fitting, was the seat pan contacted the battery and other electrical components. I used my Dremel tool cutting disc to cut a small rectangular opening (about 2" X 3") in the seat base and it fits fine, even connecting to the mounting post at the front of the seat. It improved the seating position and comfort tremendously, and it also looks a lot better too!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,054 Posts
Some people like those sprung tractor seats. Usually there isn't much padding on them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You should take a look at the saddlemen seats. They look great and are more affordable than corbin seats iirc

·
Registered
182 Posts
The stock 60 seat is no better. Went 230 miles one day and it was painful... painful after 70 miles really. take frequent breaks, walk around a bit. Not really looking to change the seat.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,054 Posts
Well based upon a year of experience the Corbin Solo was a major improvement over the stock Scout seat. The contour was perfect and the seat itself was very firm. The firmness never went away and the seat was ok as long as the roads were relatively smooth. Many of the streets and roads in my location are rough though and most of my riding is local so the Corbin Solo was making my butt & crotch sore. After a year of the Corbin I changed seats again to a Mother Road Custom Scout Springer seat. I ordered it with the optional gel padding and this seat has absorbed nasty bumps of the worst roads around here. I haven't yet tried to do any distance riding on it and that will probably have to wait until next Spring as riding season is quickly coming to an end.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have the same bike, im your same height and had the same problem. I realized it was the ridge on the back of the seat that digs into your lower back/butt area. I got the 1920 Solo seat and it solved my problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I replaced my stock seat with an Indian "comfort seat", the stock seat was making my thighs go numb after about 45 minutes of riding, I'm 5'10" 225 pounds. The comfort seat is a slightly larger version of the stock seat with enough additional padding to make riding more comfortable.
i was looking at the same seat for my scout bobber sixty, how do you like it so far?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts