Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 260 Posts

·
Bronze member
2,557 Posts
Nothing "Indian" about that bike. They seem to be moving farther and farther away from traditional Indian styling. This looks like Harley styling with a water cooled engine. I guess they want to make everyone happy.

original.jpg

·
Founding member
875 Posts
I'm not sure how "different" people expect styling to be on a Motorcycle... They all have 2 wheels and other attachments. Unless we want a rebirth of the Victory Vision, the options are truly limited. To me a motorcycle is "defined" more by the powerplant and ridability, not "style"... Does the new Chieftain ride like a Street Glide??? Nope Will this ride like a Road Glide, I doubt it... but I hope it's close because a RG is pretty smooth. All my opinion, but the "This looks like a..." Posts get old.

·
Founding Member
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nothing "Indian" about that bike. They seem to be moving farther and farther away from traditional Indian styling. This looks like Harley styling with a water cooled engine. I guess they want to make everyone happy.

View attachment 483760
I'm ok with it looking like a Road Glide, as long as it's lighter, handles better and more dependable.

·
Bronze member
2,513 Posts
Well if you read the thread about the PII quarter report... sales actually increased for Indian in Europe... so this might just help them along in the World Wide economy.. and it sure isn't going to hurt here in the good ol' USA... I'm 57 and a lot of riders my age and younger are ready for a H2O big motor... it can only help the brand

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Well if you read the thread about the PII quarter report... sales actually increased for Indian in Europe... so this might just help them along in the World Wide economy.. and it sure isn't going to hurt here in the good ol' USA... I'm 57 and a lot of riders my age and younger are ready for a H2O big motor... it can only help the brand
Indian is gaining a huge following over here, but we are still few and far between.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,645 Posts
They are serious about expanding their market. Not only are they going after the Harley Davidson crowd but also the fence sitters and some of the metric market as well. New niche markets with the FTR 1200 and it's spin-offs are also being targeted by Indian. Polaris means business and they're growing the Indian brand.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hopefully they will offer a reverse :)

·
Senior member / rider
777 Posts
I think of this as platform, not a single bike. I would hope there will be a faired version, and other versions as well, including a sporty model.

·
Registered
589 Posts

View attachment 483760
The fairings look so much alike, it makes me wonder if the test "mule" fairing is disguised to look like a shark nose?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Water cooled bikes are awesome....in the summer time. Indian is trying to compete with overall market of motorcycles. You can't just roll out the same old same old and expect to keep up. The redesign of the Chieftain, the new FTR, and now the new Raptor. All these new bikes means they are not going out of business. "Accept change, or Accept Decay"

·
Banned
7,192 Posts
I'm ok with it looking like a Road Glide, as long as it's lighter, handles better and more dependable.
By the picture it looks like the same platform as the a Chieftain.
The fact it has front brakes that look premium, and it’s supposed to be a large cube 4 valve overhead cam water cooled 60 degree motor.. it should be very fast right outta of the crate. Faster then anything this size...stock..
The Roadglide they say Handles very well. This bike should too.

·
Bronze member
1,029 Posts
Water cooled bikes are awesome....in the summer time. Indian is trying to compete with overall market of motorcycles. You can't just roll out the same old same old and expect to keep up. The redesign of the Chieftain, the new FTR, and now the new Raptor. All these new bikes means they are not going out of business. "Accept change, or Accept Decay"
Adapt and overcome or be left by the wayside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,708 Posts
The bike, overall, isn't bad looking. However that fairing is freak'n HIDEOUS!! I know, it's hidden and a concept, however I can't shake the thought of a blue Gott cooler chest strapped to the front of the bike. [depressed]

·
Banned
7,192 Posts
The bike, overall, isn't bad looking. However that fairing is freak'n HIDEOUS!! I know, it's hidden and a concept, however I can't shake the thought of a blue Gott cooler chest strapped to the front of the bike. [depressed]

in my opinion, it’s not like Polaris has come up with any style that was trendsetting..
But this power plant should fly.. I’m sure

·
Registered
302 Posts
I know some would say this bike isn't traditional Indian which yes I agree. At the same time, companies need to evolve to compete with other manufacturers. It's doesn't look like they are getting rid of the 111 bikes so technically all this is, is another option for people looking for something different than a Harley. Harley too stuck with tradition for many years and if you look at their last couple of year bikes with some models, they look futuristic for them when all they did was make a big jump instead of gradually updating throughout the years. I think this is just another great option for those customers looking for something different. Is it traditional for Indian?... no it's not but this is just a way to stay in the game when there really is a lot of other great manufacturers with great bikes out there to compete with

1 - 20 of 260 Posts