Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any options for aftermarket highway bars on my 2020 Chieftain? It's the base model and I would like to find something that is more affordable than the OEM bars.

·
Founding member
1,196 Posts
I would check Ebay, normally some very well priced bars on there.

·
Founding member
1,196 Posts
I can't say for sure, but this is a great forum and someone will be quick to chime in with the answer.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Should be the same part. If you're ever curious you can hit the Indian accessories site and filter by year and model. If the part numbers match for your model and the model you're cross referencing with them you're good to go!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Should be the same part. If you're ever curious you can hit the Indian accessories site and filter by year and model. If the part numbers match for your model and the model you're cross referencing with them you're good to go!
I looked at the part numbers on the Indian website and they are the same. I found some TCMT bars on ebay for a reasonable price and contacted the seller to ask if they fit a 2020. They said they didn't fit and they don't make any that fit. Do I risk it?

·
Registered
59 Posts

Just put these on my 2019 base Chieftain. Front and rear with hardware $235. No issues.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Let me know if they work, I posted the exact same question earlier, I also have a 2020 base model chieftain and don’t want to spend 400 on the OME crash bars.

·
Registered
53 Posts

Just put these on my 2019 base Chieftain. Front and rear with hardware $235. No issues. View attachment 595352
Alright Motorjock I ordered them, I will post pics when I have them installed thanks for the image!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Alright Motorjock I ordered them, I will post pics when I have them installed thanks for the image!
Excellent,,, just a reminder, you will have to undo 2 bolts and remove the right side foot board in order to properly attach the right side of the front crash bar. Very easy. I had my wife assist in holding the front crash bar till i was able to start on all of the bolts ( 2 upper, then one left /right).
You do not need to remove the saddlebags to do the rear ones,,, just be careful when you start to tighten with you torx/allen wrench. I put a towel on my saddlebags to protect them if I slipped. Good Luck. Pretty straight forward.

·
Registered
59 Posts
How do you like the lower wind deflectors you installed?
For me,,, they have eliminated the head bobble from underneath the bike. I just put on a factory Flare windshield ( 13.7'' made by Klockwerks). That combo has made the bike very enjoyable to ride. I came from a 2018 Goldwing, which was too aerodynamic.... almost no wind at all. I am very happy with my modifications so far. I have a Grasshopper riders backrest on the way which I will get monday,,, cant wait.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ive installed some TCMT rear highway bars and they fit perfectly on my 2020 Chieftain. Welds looked awesome too. At $60 on Amazon, its amazing everyone doesnt throw a set on their bike to protect them. Had a buddy on mine drop hit Ultra Glide CVO yesterday. Fortunatley he slid off the road into grass and dirt. Bars got bent but bike was spared a very expensive paint job repair.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts