Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I just picked this up last friday. Its been stalling on me, always from first to second, from day 1. Once a day. Once its up to temp, it runs great. I have an appt with the dealer. But I was wondering if any other factory 116 owners experienced this. And what was the fix. Tia

·
Bronze member
2,269 Posts
Maybe you bikes computer is still learning fueltrims ... give it some time/miles.

Our modern ECUs do learn so called "Long Term Fueltrims" after every reset. (e.g. after battery reconnect or software update)
So, if your dealer had the battery freshly connected or had done software update just before handing it over, then this could be a temporary explanation.

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk

·
Senior member / gold
6,975 Posts
It's pretty normal for a little while. The computers are learning as you ride. You'll also notice a little rough shifting from 1st to 2nd gear when cold. The gears are wearing in.
Enjoy the ride. If you are still having problems at your first service, express your concerns at that time. The Digital Wrench will find the problems.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe you bikes computer is still learning fueltrims ... give it some time/miles.

Our modern ECUs do learn so called "Long Term Fueltrims" after every reset. (e.g. after battery reconnect or software update)
So, if your dealer had the battery freshly connected or had done software update just before handing it over, then this could be a temporary explanation.

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk
Thanks

·
Registered
352 Posts
I purchased a RM DH about 2 weeks ago. About 1/3 of the time on cold starts (overnight) it wouldn't crank right up. I would hit the start button 2-3 times before it would fire up. It would turn over a few times and then make a clicking sound. I mentioned it to the tech when I had the 500 mile service done this past friday. the problem seemed to clear itself up as it hasn't happened this week so far.

·
Senior member / gold
6,975 Posts
I purchased a RM DH about 2 weeks ago. About 1/3 of the time on cold starts (overnight) it wouldn't crank right up. I would hit the start button 2-3 times before it would fire up. It would turn over a few times and then make a clicking sound. I mentioned it to the tech when I had the 500 mile service done this past friday. the problem seemed to clear itself up as it hasn't happened this week so far.
If the bike has been at the dealer, on the showroom, for an extended period of time, it is possible that the battery has become bad, developed a dead cell, or has not consistently been on a battery maintainer. Have the dealer do a load and recovery test on the battery. If it fails, or doesn't recover voltage in an acceptable amount of time, then you have your answer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts