Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So not the classic but the base Chieftain in non metallic black. Dealership couldn’t answer this question. Is the tire pressure monitoring system included or excluded along with the gps?

·
Rider
1,262 Posts
straight off the Indian website:

The Chieftain Dark Horse comes standard with keyless ignition, cruise control, ABS and tire pressure monitoring.
shame your dealer couldn't even look it up. Shame you couldn't find it on the main website as well. It's very easy to see what's standard equipment on all the new models.

·
Silver member
5,027 Posts
No it doesn't have either. But GPS is over rated you can just use your phone. And TPMS is nice, but not a deal breaker. For 22K you have a Chieftain...

·
Rider
1,028 Posts
So not the classic but the base Chieftain in non metallic black. Dealership couldn’t answer this question. Is the tire pressure monitoring system included or excluded along with the gps?
Copied direct from Indian Motorcycle web site. 2020 Indian Chieftain -

* Gauges - (Did not see TPMS in either list)
Fairing-mounted instrument cluster featuring analog speedometer and tachometer with fuel gauge, range, odometer and current gear. 15 LED telltale indicators; cruise control enabled, cruise control set, neutral, high beam, turn signal, ABS, check engine, battery, low fuel, security system, low engine oil pressure and MHP or km/h unit designation.

* Infotainmet -
7" Ride Command touchscreen display with real-time clock; ambient air temperature; heading; audio information display; vehicle trouble code readout; Vehicle Status (voltage, engine hours, oil change); Vehicle Info (speed, fuel range, RPM, gear position); Dual Trip Meters (fuel range, miles, average fuel economy, instantaneous fuel economy time, average speed); Ride Data (heading, moving time, stop time, altitude, altitude change); Bluetooth Status for phone and headset; Ride Mode Selection.

·
Bronze member
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Copied direct from Indian Motorcycle web site. 2020 Indian Chieftain -

* Gauges - (Did not see TPMS in either list)
Fairing-mounted instrument cluster featuring analog speedometer and tachometer with fuel gauge, range, odometer and current gear. 15 LED telltale indicators; cruise control enabled, cruise control set, neutral, high beam, turn signal, ABS, check engine, battery, low fuel, security system, low engine oil pressure and MHP or km/h unit designation.

* Infotainmet -
7" Ride Command touchscreen display with real-time clock; ambient air temperature; heading; audio information display; vehicle trouble code readout; Vehicle Status (voltage, engine hours, oil change); Vehicle Info (speed, fuel range, RPM, gear position); Dual Trip Meters (fuel range, miles, average fuel economy, instantaneous fuel economy time, average speed); Ride Data (heading, moving time, stop time, altitude, altitude change); Bluetooth Status for phone and headset; Ride Mode Selection.
Thanks, like others I was kind of surprised the salesman has no idea. Installing it after would be expensive with flash and adding tpms sensors. Thanks for the feedback all.

·
Bronze member
1,941 Posts
Forget about OEM TPMS sensors. For less than $100 you can get a Blu TPMS kit for both wheels. It mounts to the tire stem and monitors pressure and temp through an app on your phone. It uses the same type of battery as your key fob and they can be changed in 5 minutes for free. No outrageous dealer fees to remove the tire and install new ones. You can set parameters that let you know if pressure is dropping or temps get too hot. Been using them since 2017. Sensors hibernate when you’re not riding so batteries last a long time.

·
Bronze member
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Forget about OEM TPMS sensors. For less than $100 you can get a Blu TPMS kit for both wheels. It mounts to the tire stem and monitors pressure and temp through an app on your phone. It uses the same type of battery as your key fob and they can be changed in 5 minutes for free. No outrageous dealer fees to remove the tire and install new ones. You can set parameters that let you know if pressure is dropping or temps get too hot. Been using them since 2017. Sensors hibernate when you’re not riding so batteries last a long time.
Very cool thanks for the heads up, I appreciate your feedback.

·
Bronze member
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The best and cheapest TPMS is to do what us old timers do (I'm only in my 30's :giggle: ). Buy a tire gauge and check before every ride and periodically when you fill up. You know, like every motorcycle rider should be doing all along.
Two injured knees, two lower back injuries negates that idea. Saddle bags and lack of center stand along with the above mentioned injuries make road trip psi checks beyond difficult.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The valve stem caps scared me if they leak your tires go flat I added TPMS to my last Harley, Orange Electronics you can find them online for about two hundred bucks monitors inside rims and readout screen mounts to dash it may be made in Taiwan and people say the pickups in the rims only last two or three years I average 10,000 miles a year so in two years they worked great replace sensors when you replace tires. manually checked with pressure gauge at first after a while trusted the system as it was always within 2 pounds of what gauges said

1 - 14 of 14 Posts