Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
I purchase my 2020 Challenger yesterday, pair my phone real quick and ride home listening to music. Today I paired my sena SMH10 and everything fine so far. But when I tried to find people on my contact list or check a "test" text message nothing will show, no contacts, not messages. Also the Indian Ride Command App does not recognize that there is a bike (not bike found) and also the Voice control does not work.
I have the lasted update installed (last update Jan 2020). Also is there ANY WAY to have the bike on accessory mode for more than 5 mins????????? after 5 mins it shuts off regardless of what are you doing.... using it or not it will shut off after 5 mins
Any help would be appreciated. So far the only thing I can do is to listen to music..... SMH

·
Registered
142 Posts
Biofractal,
Unpair your phone and start over. These things can be finicky, but I have found Ride Command works better than most!
Then, you didn’t say what you paired your Sena to, but it should be paired to Ride Command also, and not to your phone.
No way to keep the accessory mode going but to run the bike, that I have found.
And anytime you experience a glitch, shut off the bike and start over, it usually works.
Hope this helps!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi guys
I purchase my 2020 Challenger yesterday, pair my phone real quick and ride home listening to music. Today I paired my sena SMH10 and everything fine so far. But when I tried to find people on my contact list or check a "test" text message nothing will show, no contacts, not messages. Also the Indian Ride Command App does not recognize that there is a bike (not bike found) and also the Voice control does not work.
I have the lasted update installed (last update Jan 2020). Also is there ANY WAY to have the bike on accessory mode for more than 5 mins????????? after 5 mins it shuts off regardless of what are you doing.... using it or not it will shut off after 5 mins
Any help would be appreciated. So far the only thing I can do is to listen to music..... SMH
What kind of phone are you using?

1. Make sure the phone is paired to the bike and the headset is paired to the bike.

2. If the headset is paired to the phone, delete that pairing.

3. If using an iPhone, go to Settings --> Bluetooth --> Indian Challenger XXXX X, the check that Sync Contacts is selected, as well as Show Notifications. See photos.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
83 Posts
3. If using an iPhone, go to Settings --> Bluetooth --> Indian Challenger XXXX X, the check that Sync Contacts is selected, as well as Show Notifications. See photos.
I wondered why there was no contact list even though I was connected. I thought it was the Ride Command not operator error. Thanks for posting that!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have all that set up that way. It seems to be an issue with the model of the iPhone I have (iPhone 7 plus).
I pair my phone to my brother's Challenger DH: same issue: no contacts no call log. He paired his phone with my bike... Perfect no issues. I paired my mother's in law Samsung 8... No issues. I paired my dad's iPhone 6s+ and there was issue. Both iPhones (mine and dad's) are old

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have all that set up that way. It seems to be an issue with the model of the iPhone I have (iPhone 7 plus).
Try this. After you turn on the bike and AFTER the phone pairs itself to the bike, send yourself a text message. Then check the phone screens on the bike.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Messages come in without issues.
The contact list I can't see. The recent calls I can't see. When my brother paired his phone he could see all the recent calls... Like up to 2 days back

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well with my brother's phone and my wife phone happened instantly. With mine does not happen. I'm about to change my iPhone anyways so let see what happens then

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have an IPhone 8 and can’t get contacts to sync. Set to in Bluetooth and tried forgetting and then sync again. Still no luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys
Are you able to receive phone calls? This my current issue. Sena told me that the SMH 10 is running a 3.0 bluetooth connection and the ride command operates on a 4.0 or 5.0 bluetooth connection and that may be the issue. Thoughts?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm having connectivity issues with mine, but its between my iPhone 11 and Sena 10s. I have the phone and Sena paired to the Ride Command (RC), not each other. I can stream my music to the RC and listen to it either through the bike's speakers or through the Sena. If I get a text message I get the pop-up on the RC. However, if I get a phone call I don't get a pop-up on the RC or am I able to hear any ringing with the Sena. If I do try to answer the call it only goes through on the phone's mic/speaker, same if I try to make a call while everything is linked up. Its the same thing when I have the phone plugged into the bike's USB cord. I had it working for a little bit but it quit working and I can't seem to get it working again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts