Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Founding Member
729 Posts
Where are you located? Looks like you've added the Klock Werks(or Indian flip) windshield any other option?

·
Registered
217 Posts
I like the bike, it's just more bike than I want. But you are right, I am going to take a loss. I am fortunate enough to do so.
So what do you think you will go with next? I came from a Yamaha FJR1300 to the Challenger and I am very happy. My only issue is the seating position can be rough on my lower back which was never an issue on any of my previous bikes. Just got the rider backrest so will see if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So what do you think you will go with next? I came from a Yamaha FJR1300 to the Challenger and I am very happy. My only issue is the seating position can be rough on my lower back which was never an issue on any of my previous bikes. Just got the rider backrest so will see if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure what I want to get but I can tell you it wont be a Harley.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Might be. My bike has no lien also. I haven’t ridden. A challenger only set on one a dealer. You live in north or South Carolina? I live in central Mississippi. Think we might possibly meet halfway?

·
Registered
53 Posts
You have base model. Navigation can be added. Correct? You be open to even trade? Msrp on mine was $28,000 and I have $3,000 in stage one and stage 2

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
491 Posts
I do not think there is very much difference in these two bikes size wise, same Wheelbase?? They may drive different, but you stated the Challenger was too big. Maybe a little more practice?

Chieftain: 790# dry, 1" lower seat height
Challenger: 796# dry

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I do not think there is very much difference in these two bikes size wise, same Wheelbase?? They may drive different, but you stated the Challenger was too big. Maybe a little more practice?

Chieftain: 790# dry, 1" lower seat height
Challenger: 796# dry
800 miles of city driving is enough practice for me. I got into 3 situations where I couldn't maneuver the bike being that I am 5'10" 150lbs. I haven't sat on a Chieftain yet but it looks like the center of gravity is lower, which would help.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts