Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen any numbers on the 2020 116 thunderstroke. Looking for stock, stock improved, and stage 1. I can find info all day with the bbk but not the 116 indian now offers i am going to be getting a 116 in the near future and am just looking for some additional info.

·
Registered
165 Posts
If you go on to Youtube and type Indian 116 Dyno. Some of the videos have the HP & TQ numbers at the end of video or in the comments.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you go on to Youtube and type Indian 116 Dyno. Some of the videos have the HP & TQ numbers at the end of video or in the comments.
all the ones that i have seen have been for a 116bbk not the 116 indian is putting in the 2020

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have a 2020 with the stock 116. I have some numbers stock and I have done cams, intake, exhaust, dyno... ill get the numbers posted tomorrow.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok. Stock numbers on the dyno were 80 hp and 105 ft./lb. at the wheel.

I did the following:
Tab exhaust with zombie baffles (cat delete)
OTB Voodoo intake
Lloyds 558 cams
Power Vision tuner

Numbers at the wheel on the dyno

106 hp and 129 ft./lb. View attachment 582577
thanks man i dont think i will be doing cams just lloyds intake either tab or rcx slip ons cat delet and a tuner i would guess that should put me in the high 90s and 110 torque?

·
Rider
1,576 Posts
Nope not with stock cams. Might get close to 90 but not high 90s. Torque will increase a bit. Stage 2 cams will put you in the mid 90s the more aggressive cams will get you at 100.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope not with stock cams. Might get close to 90 but not high 90s. Torque will increase a bit. Stage 2 cams will put you in the mid 90s the more aggressive cams will get you at 100.
I think i would be ok with that low 90s with torque in the low to mid teens. I dont really want to do internal mods for longevity and reliability reasons.

·
Rider
1,576 Posts
All the valve spring issues were taken care of in the 2019 and newer bikes you can put any cam in you want especially a Indian Stage 2 which I have and am happy with or the 558 & 585.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i saw the stage 2 for the 116 includes injectors throttle body and cams while lloyds states u dont need injectors or throttle body for best performance.

·
Registered
82 Posts
It should be noted. I have the stock 116 with the stock injectors and stock throttle body (which is the 54mm) I dont know what they are putting in the 116 BBK as far as injectors (if they are the same for the stock 116) and I dont think the bigger throttle body will do all that much. Im not drag racing my bike so Im not worried about a couple hp. I want a reliable, torquey, great sounding bike which gets decent mpg.

·
Rider
1,190 Posts
It should be noted. I have the stock 116 with the stock injectors and stock throttle body (which is the 54mm) I dont know what they are putting in the 116 BBK as far as injectors (if they are the same for the stock 116) and I dont think the bigger throttle body will do all that much. Im not drag racing my bike so Im not worried about a couple hp. I want a reliable, torquey, great sounding bike which gets decent mpg.
Thanks for the info I just purchased a 116 Indian and was wondering about real world numbers .

·
Registered
422 Posts
if you want the 116 bbk injectors and throttle body I got a set to part with. and good numbers!

·
Registered
422 Posts
they are different. there may be another part or 2 that's different but the main difference from my understanding is the stage 3 cams/ injectors/ and throttle body. I purchased the 116 stage 2 kit that cam with all 3 but I only needed the cams out of it because I have the 2019 111. and the flash I had gotten was specific for your bike it came with the kit. may be all you need to round the bbk off

·
Registered
422 Posts
I believe cams/injectors/ throttle body is what it takes to make yours the same as bbk. they are different between the 2. your bike is sweet and those are good numbers regardless

·
Registered
328 Posts
Sorry for reviving this thread.

Does anyone have dyno numbers for 116 stage 2?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts