Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
I want to go fast.
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking this morning about the three ride modes on the 2019 TS111 bikes, and our dear, dear friend the PVCX. Do we get to individually tune all three modes to our liking? None of the modes? Only make changes to settings that are common? Will the PVCX even work with the new ECU?

Does anyone know this yet?

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
DynoJet will be working on that compatibility... not yet announced apparently except that they had acquired a 2019 to start working on it.
Since that setting is only changing the DBW table/s, it should not be any big deal to make changes to suit your wants/needs.

·
I want to go fast.
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DynoJet will be working on that compatibility... not yet announced apparently except that they had acquired a 2019 to start working on it.
Since that setting is only changing the DBW table/s, it should not be any big deal to make changes to suit your wants/needs.
Thanks! I figured that, and figured that someone here would know. It would be ridiculously cool if you could update all three modes to your liking...

·
Registered
188 Posts
With a personally tuned PVCX throttle (exactly how I like it) I'm afraid I don't see the point of ride modes.

Anyone else ?

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
I agree, the only possible exception would be the fact that an otherwise twitchy throttle on dry pavement is OK, in the rain, less so. The switchable ride modes would help tone it down for slippery conditions. My Triumph has a "rain mode" switch that softens the throttle response and makes the bike a little more foolproof in the rain. I generally don't ride in the rain unless I am caught out on a long trip, but it does happen and it can be dangerous at times.

·
I want to go fast.
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually do... I’d love to have a tamer, slightly leaner setup with a milder throttle for long trips two up where mileage and pillion comfort are primary. It would work for rain as well. Then another for the rest of the time. I know on the newer super sports, those ride modes are great. It’s nice to have a not-so-sensitive throttle when you’re cruising in town or the rain.

·
Registered
138 Posts
It's compatible right now but you are on your own for developing a tune. We have found a few issues in the definition file that should be updated now. We hope to have tunes in a couple weeks. SEMA has really slowed us down.

·
Bronze member
1,980 Posts
Outstanding, thanks. Do I need to download a firmware upgrade. I believe I'm on the most recent pre-2019 version.

·
Bronze member
1,980 Posts
OK, sounds good. One last question. Has DJ initiated their "add a second bike" license program yet with the PVCX. Or can I merely unlock (with fee, of course) the PVCX to pair with my new scoot? Thanks again.

·
I want to go fast.
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sure you get the licensing program setup AFTER I have multiple PVCX's... LOL..

Seriously, thanks for authoritatively answering my original question, and in a great way. I hate stuff that makes me think I might trade.

·
Bronze member
1,980 Posts
Sorry, not only is bike in winter storage, but I have Stage 1 installed. Hope you find a couple quickly!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts