Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just added a set of V&H 4 in twins slash cut slip on mufflers, a Zipper intake and a Powercommander V tuner. Combo cam out real nice, sounds great and runs much better,

·
Bronze member
2,636 Posts
Zipper should be able to provide you with their PCV tune for their MaxFLow. The dyno chart they show for the combo is quite impressive - with a TRQ curve that is unmatched with any current known mod combos - except for the Revolution Performance 1300cc BB kit.

Reactions: TPcreeper

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used one of the PCV tunes from dynojet --it was for similar pipes and the S&S air filter intake - I suspect they are very close to what I have in the Zipper and the VH exhaust -- but ill check with Zipper to see --- thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A note --V&H does not list the 4 in twin slash cuts to fit the 2019 -- but they do -- ya just have to be a little creative to get the mounts to bolt up --

·
Bronze member
2,636 Posts
I used one of the PCV tunes from dynojet --it was for similar pipes and the S&S air filter intake - I suspect they are very close to what I have in the Zipper and the VH exhaust -- but ill check with Zipper to see --- thanks
Again, the MaxFlow induction system is much more than a S&S, trask, etc, air filter. It's design and its' results on the chart are an exact "tie-in" to each other - and is exactly what is expected from a well designed / effective plenum.

Obviously, the targeted range, of this plenums' design, is 3.25k to 7.5k rpm..

Furthermore, the chart shows us that the PCV can be used to create those power levels - at least Zippers' inhouse dyno and dyno created PCV tune for the MaxFlow can.. They sell the program with their components, hopefully you can get it..

The chart indicates that TRQ potential is far greater than any other mod combo - see the appropriate threads to prove this to yourself...

This means that no other tune designed for any other mod combo would be able to fuel the MaxFlow properly enough to realize the benefit - and any such tune would be too lean in the targeted area, robbing the owner of the primary goal of the MaxFLow.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have the Maxflow on mine and trust me you're running way too lean using any of the generic tunes out there for the S&S. I'd definitely try working with Zipper, find a competent local tuner, or consider FM's remote turning service. @CraigB1960 did wonders to mine and it runs amazingly as a result.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok you beat me into submission. I got the Zipper tune( btw good people) I loaded it and took a look - -surprised at the diff between it and the dynojet tune as it is snowing today I will need to wait to ride it and report back.
:unsure:

·
Bronze member
2,636 Posts
Just as logical deductions predict the large differences you are seeing in the DJ vs Zippers PCV tune, the same logical deductions would indicate that, before your first snap-and-hold WOT from 4k rpm, you should duct tape your hands to the bars.

WHEEEEEE !!!!!!!!

No, seriously...... duct tape - and you'll need help doing-up one hand after the other is done..
Take pictures to help others here - with the duct taping..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A little update - I got to go for a nice long ride today 70 plus temps. This thing don't care what gear it is in it just wants to pull. the 4 in twin slash pipes sound great not to loud but ya know its a little nasty. When you put some serious throttle to it you can hear it pulling thru the intake and it really starts to pull nasty hard -- Only issue I have , and it may be do to Indian geometry is that the throttle is super touchy, a bump in the road or a shift in riding position and the rpm kinda buck around a bit. Over all great combo and more power than you ever need --- except for a race.

·
Registered
393 Posts
A little update - I got to go for a nice long ride today 70 plus temps. This thing don't care what gear it is in it just wants to pull. the 4 in twin slash pipes sound great not to loud but ya know its a little nasty. When you put some serious throttle to it you can hear it pulling thru the intake and it really starts to pull nasty hard -- Only issue I have , and it may be do to Indian geometry is that the throttle is super touchy, a bump in the road or a shift in riding position and the rpm kinda buck around a bit. Over all great combo and more power than you ever need --- except for a race.
thats just the fly by wire throttle. the sensitivity of it can be turned down fuelmoto did that with the tune i got from them when i bought my pv3

1 - 12 of 12 Posts