Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone please identify this fuel line connector and where I could possibly purchase it separately from the complete assembly?

It goes on the fuel line of a '19 Scout ABS. These connectors typically break off when removing the tank for service. Every dealership that I called, would not sell me the one they have in inventory because this is a common breakpoint when removing the tank.

Indian also sells, as a special part, a plug that is of the same connector, but it is a plug, not sure if I could unplug it and use it.

Any suggestions here would be greatly appreciated.

Chuck
20200623_191716.jpg
20200627_143700.jpg
20200627_143748.jpg
20200627_143714.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That's just it, I don't want the entire line, I'm looking for just the fitting. The only thing Indian sells is the dummy plug that you're supposed to use after you pull the tank, and of course they sell the line kit, which is not what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I tried to get some of the same type fittings to make up some test hoses for the engines I work on,I remember they are identified by a SAE spec and all the ones I found online were only sold in large lots of 100 and up for manufacturers so I just gave up.Maybe now an automotive specialty co offers them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried to get some of the same type fittings to make up some test hoses for the engines I work on,I remember they are identified by a SAE spec and all the ones I found online were only sold in large lots of 100 and up for manufacturers so I just gave up.Maybe now an automotive specialty co offers them.
Hmmm, makes sense, thank you.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,075 Posts
Looks pretty much the same as the one on my 15. Have you tried looking for a wrecked scout someone is parting out?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have not done that, as these are a common problem, I can't imagine finding one on a parts vehicle.

Worth looking though...

Thanks
Chuck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts