Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m a new owner of a 2019 Roadmaster and wanting to use my transmission jack to raise it off the ground to clean the wheels etc., but it doesn’t look like I can without possibly damaging a cable. Any suggestions out there?

·
Bronze member
2,480 Posts
There is a recent post on here about lifting the bike using a scissors jack [BLACK JACK is the name of it] and where the lift points are under the frame in the center of the machine.I forgot just where it is,but it's here someplace,and explains how to do it and where to place the scissors jack.

·
Bronze member
2,480 Posts
Exactly!! Although,I use a couple pieces of 2X4 wood.The hockey pucks would be stronger,but also cost more.The piece of 2X4 wood, I have a lot of and cost nothing other then cutting em down to size!! lol lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m a new owner of a 2019 Roadmaster and wanting to use my transmission jack to raise it off the ground to clean the wheels etc., but it doesn’t look like I can without possibly damaging a cable. Any suggestions out there?
Hey that’s great info. I’ll check it out. Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Exactly!! Although,I use a couple pieces of 2X4 wood.The hockey pucks would be stronger,but also cost more.The piece of 2X4 wood, I have a lot of and cost nothing other then cutting em down to size!! lol lol
Yeah, good info. Using shims will allow the use of my tranny jack. Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts