Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had some work done on my Roadmaster by the dealership. Everything was going fine, then due to things going on didn't get to ride for 2 weeks. Come out and its dead. Power button won't work, but for a moment after I hit the run switch the screen came on. It said I had 4 codes. Couldn't scroll, just could read part of one and it said RT battery terminal. It went out again and I haven't been able to get the screen up. Put it on a battery tender for two days and nothing. Bypassed the tender cord and did a direct connect to the battery with the tender via charging clamps. Still nothing, but the head and tail lights came on. They shouldn't because I have everything off. I'm confused as can be. Anyone got any ideas??

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, as an ad on, I had them put higher bars and replaced the instrument clusters.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I had issues with the screen flashing on and off, the radio cutting out. It will even stall sometimes when i would come to a stop off the highway. It would not do it all the time only sometimes. The problem happened for a few weeks. I brought it to the dealer and they could not mimic it... They told me it could be loose grounds. I took apart the fairing and unplug re plugged connections and look for corrosion. First I checked the connections on the battery to see if they were loose. Nothing it would still do it. Finally one day i removed the battery and checked the chassis grounds. It is 2 lugs with a lot of black ground wires crimped into. I removed the nut wiped the lugs and threads clean. Then tighten it back down. Wallah!!! I Have done about 10,000 miles since and the problem never happened again. My advice check battery terminal connections are tight and then check main grounds make sure they are clean and tight. Mine had loosened up over time and that was the issue the entire time, Just a simple loose nut. Good Luck.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, it was very simple. I've had the Bike 9 months, bought it new. But the battery took a dump. Sad thing is, the local Indian dealer didn't have any in stock. Got a new one and boom. All good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts