Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,

I ride a 2019 Roadmaster. I bought it used, (program bike) with under just under 500 miles on it, and had the 500 mile service done at a local dealer here in Michigan.
Since then, I have put just under 1,000 miles on the bike.

While out for a ride with my better half today, and, after just entering the expressway, I hit 6th gear and took it up to 80 with the tach straight up at 3k. I needed a little more to get around a small "humpfest" of cars and a semi. As I've done many times before, I racked a little throttle back and waited for that familiar low-end to kick in and get me past the mess. To my surprise, all I really got was an engine rev to about 4k, and, this seeming turtle crawl toward a gradual speed increase as the trans sort of caught up to the rpms.

In the simplest of terms, it literally felt like I'd pulled the clutch in part way as I got on the throttle. I've read a few posts with older RM's describing a similar issue and wondered if there is anyone else with a newer model that has experienced this. As well as, if there was any resolution to the problem the older models had.

One other thing I've noticed. My clutch lever seeming to be almost fully extended before I hit the "friction zone." I'd have no issue attributing this to the bike still being somewhat new to me, but before I do that, I'll ask as well if anyone else has a similar experience.

Any insight would be appreciated!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I’m humbled and appreciative!
My thanks to all for your advice, suggestions and manual instructions. You all saved me two trips to the dealer, no doubt my bike held hostage through the holiday, and, countless grumbling as to why the hell this wasn’t addressed at the 500 mile checkup.

In the world of repairs, this one was about as simple as putting gas in the tank. It literally took me longer to take the tools out and put them back, than the adjustment itself.

I have a sweet friction zone to slide through now and when I pegged the throttle at 80, all she said was “you want more huh, well, hold on boss, here we go!”

I’m still grinning like an idiot after the test ride.

Thanks again to all those that lent a hand!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Jroth225
I'm in Michigan as well. What dealership do you use? I went to the Dick Scott indian dealer to transfer the warranty, but no service work yet.
Update never mind I just seen your other post thanks

·
Rider
427 Posts
I have a sweet friction zone to slide through now and when I pegged the throttle at 80, all she said was “you want more huh, well, hold on boss, here we go!”

I’m still grinning like an idiot after the test ride.

Thanks again to all those that lent a hand!!
Congrats boss!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts