Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So long story short.. I have a 2019 bobber with 1800 miles on it, Intake , Dirty-bird concepts exhaust , PCV with custom dyno tune.

I recently changed the plugs to GMANS Brisk racing plugs & the bike felt like shit , sputtering at idle and just not feeling right... went to go re tune @ local dyno and bike had thrown a check engine code while on the dyno .

Currently waiting for it to be read and diagnosed to see what code was thrown.

My question is do you think these plugs are trash and i should go back to stock plugs or maybe switch to Iridium/platinum.

If i should go to another plug which one yields best performance gain? ( make model #?)

Anything helps here. Thanks guys.

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
I've never heard of Brisk plugs so went to check their website. This is a screenshot of how they organize their year selection menu. So far they haven't won me over. :unsure:

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
Another thought. Before you spend too much money on dyno tunes for the PCV, look at tuning with a PV3 instead. It will be a lot cheaper and there are tunes for all manner of add-ons. It also has the facility of logging and refining a tune so it best matches the demands of the bike.

Although plug threads don't appear so often on bike forums, car forums that I've been on have them in quantities that match oil threads and tire threads. There is a lot of hype out there in plug-world. Best wishes in navigating it.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,103 Posts
So long story short.. I have a 2019 bobber with 1800 miles on it, Intake , Dirty-bird concepts exhaust , PCV with custom dyno tune.

I recently changed the plugs to GMANS Brisk racing plugs & the bike felt like shit , sputtering at idle and just not feeling right... went to go re tune @ local dyno and bike had thrown a check engine code while on the dyno .

Currently waiting for it to be read and diagnosed to see what code was thrown.

My question is do you think these plugs are trash and i should go back to stock plugs or maybe switch to Iridium/platinum.

If i should go to another plug which one yields best performance gain? ( make model #?)

Anything helps here. Thanks guys.
That's strange. I've had brisk plugs in my scout, roadmaster, smart car and Chevy. They've been awesome.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Did the bike run well with the stock plugs? If it did I would put the old plugs back in and see if it clears up. I have never changed plugs and then need a tune. I would say you have a bad plug, incompatible plug or something went wrong in the installation like a damaged wire.

·
Registered
456 Posts
never have my plugs changed either, but it sounds like it's a fun job :sick::mad: rather do that on my Bonnie - 5 min tops and done (y):devilish:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it just didn't feel right with the brisk plugs. so i dropped her off to a tuner , and check engine light appeared.

Juts going to swap to the cr9eix plugs and see if that clears up the problem.

·
Registered
412 Posts
it just didn't feel right with the brisk plugs. so i dropped her off to a tuner , and check engine light appeared.

Juts going to swap to the cr9eix plugs and see if that clears up the problem.
its simply your bike dosnt like those plugs. no 2 motors are the same. i could possibly run those same plugs and my motor may run like a scalded ape. you just have to find what works which may end up being stock plugs.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Another thought. Before you spend too much money on dyno tunes for the PCV, look at tuning with a PV3 instead. It will be a lot cheaper and there are tunes for all manner of add-ons. It also has the facility of logging and refining a tune so it best matches the demands of the bike.

Although plug threads don't appear so often on bike forums, car forums that I've been on have them in quantities that match oil threads and tire threads. There is a lot of hype out there in plug-world. Best wishes in navigating it.
If I switch to a pv3 is it somthing I can tune my self or I still need a tuner to dyno the bike?

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
No dyno necessary. PowerVision is the originator of the PV3 and will include a tune to suit your bike, but if you buy it from Fuel Moto you get tunes as needed into the future if you make further mods.

The difference is that the PV3 flashes the computer directly rather than intercepting the signals, making changes, and then sending that modified into to the motor. The first time it's connected to the bike it needs to be paired to it and can't be used for a different bike. However, people who have removed their PCV have been able to sell it to another user.

CraigB1960 here on the forum is the expert on tuning with the PV3 and does work with FuelMoto as well as helping out forum members. He tests lots of bikes with various pipes etc and seems to have a tune for almost every combination.

I got a PVCX (since upgraded to PV3) for my Scout soon after I bought it, and when I got the Springfield the PVCX was the first thing I did with the bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts