Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very dissapointed with the stock head light on the 2019 chieftain Limited.
what are you guys and girls using as head lights and also
I am looking into running lights on my engine bars (for extra visibility)what are
you using and do you have pics of the set up.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
While they won't dazzle you with Brightness the Sylvania ZXE HID's did fine over OEM's for my 2019 Chieftain at a reasonable price for the headlight.. Would look at Cree's LED's for for your Engine Guard Mounting Lights ..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
While they won't dazzle you with Brightness the Sylvania ZXE HID's did fine over OEM's for my 2019 Chieftain at a reasonable price for the headlight.. Would look at Cree's LED's for for your Engine Guard Mounting Lights ..

View attachment 600045
Thanks for that i will look into that . Should have posted i am in New Zealand but can get rhem shipped.
The 2018 chirftain was going to be my first choice because of the two running lights either side of rhe main.

·
Bronze member
1,936 Posts
what are you guys and girls using as head lights and also
I am looking into running lights on my engine bars (for extra visibility)what are
you using and do you have pics of the set up.
I immediately swapped out the stock LED headlight in my wife’s 2019 Chieftain Limited for the JW Speaker Adaptive 2 headlight. It will give you all the light you need and more without the need to add auxiliary lights.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I immediately swapped out the stock LED headlight in my wife’s 2019 Chieftain Limited for the JW Speaker Adaptive 2 headlight. It will give you all the light you need and more without the need to add auxiliary lights.
Thanks I will look into that.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Have you checked the headlight adjustment, I thought my RM light was crap, turns out it was pointing skyward, clearly it had never been set up right, follow the alignment procedure in the manual and you may find a huge improvement.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you checked the headlight adjustment, I thought my RM light was crap, turns out it was pointing skyward, clearly it had never been set up right, follow the alignment procedure in the manual and you may find a huge improvement.
I did feel the other morning there was no high beam at all.
I will check alignment.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts