Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking Of putting a brown seat on the walnut Chieftain.I think it would look nice and stand out from the others.Any thoughts scratches or what the hell is this guy thinking.I am going to change seat anyway and then started brown like my Scout.i am asking for you guys inputBefore I buy.Thanks in advance.If any one has pics that would be just peachy
Rich from Little Rock

·
Registered
312 Posts
thinking Of putting a brown seat on the walnut Chieftain.I think it would look nice and stand out from the others.Any thoughts scratches or what the hell is this guy thinking.I am going to change seat anyway and then started brown like my Scout.i am asking for you guys inputBefore I buy.Thanks in advance.If any one has pics that would be just peachy
Rich from Little Rock
I believe your idea is excellet
Rich from Little Rock
I totally agree with you and that is what I would do as well!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I made the base of my seat brown to go with the paint. The trick is finding a color of brown that compliments the paint.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Creat color choice
I made the base of my seat brown to go with the paint. The trick is finding a color of brown that compliments the paint.

Great color choice thanks

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Rich from Little Rock
Are you thinking of going with a lighter brown similar to the Indian tan brown or a darker brown? If the Indian tan brown have you put it up against your bike just to see how it looks?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are you thinking of going with a lighter brown similar to the Indian tan brown or a darker brown? If the Indian tan brown have you put it up against your bike just to see how it looks?

Thanks Gearset
I would like to go with a darker brown but Ultimate really only has the light tan but Corbin does offer a wider choice of browns.I do have a stock tan Scout seat I could get an idea of how that shows.My first choice is saddles would be Ultimate both are hard to get at this time though with the given times.

·
Rider
639 Posts
I saw
Thanks Gearset
I would like to go with a darker brown but Ultimate really only has the light tan but Corbin does offer a wider choice of browns.I do have a stock tan Scout seat I could get an idea of how that shows.My first choice is saddles would be Ultimate both are hard to get at this time though with the given times.
I saw one with a very DARK brown seat (stock seat recovered and gel pads installed) and the owner said the color was called "chocolate" was very nice wish I had a photo!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
The dark brown on my Corbin seat is called Otter Brown. I found it by going to their factory. They didn’t have the color listed on line.

·
Bronze member
3,468 Posts
nice looking bike... don't care for the 26" wheel but a lot of people like them..

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The dark brown on my Corbin seat is called Otter Brown. I found it by going to their factory. They didn’t have the color listed on line.

Corbin does have a chocolate brown on the website that looks good would be nice to see it in person.Factory is a long way from Arkaksas😀

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I saw

I saw one with a very DARK brown seat (stock seat recovered and gel pads installed) and the owner said the color was called "chocolate" was very nice wish I had a photo!
Thanks Michael
Corbin does have a chocolate brown on the website that looks real nice also,

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Corbin does have a chocolate brown on the website that looks good would be nice to see it in person.Factory is a long way from Arkaksas
I called Corbin when I was trying to match the colors on my bike and they offered and mailed me color samples for free.

Just a thought. The only other item is knowing if the seat will fit you. They will modify a seat’s shape by request over the phone but I was having problems finding a seat that fit me so I used their ride in service where you sit on the seat and then they modify it to your requirements. (I know it’s too far for you to ride).

In my opinion a stock Corbin seat caters to taller riders.

Pictures of them working on my seat while I waited.

You can see in the picture below by the glue line where they added foam in order to move me forward.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts