Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I just purchased a 2019 Indian Chieftain from my local Indian dealership. The dealers will be adding the stage 1 air cleaner with freedom true dual pipes along with the stage 2 cams. My understanding is that the dealerships flash all bikes with an EPA complaint software and I was hoping to purchase a tuner or get the bike dyno'd for best results. Any suggestions? Also, anyone who has used a tuner or gotten the Chieftain dyno'd, were their any problems with the touring, standard, or sport ride modes afterwards? Thank you all in advance!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Second the PV3 tuner through FuelMoto, but contact CraigB. Huge difference over Indian tune.
Thank you for the recommendation. Do you think that a tune using the pv3 will cause issues with any of the ride modes that come standard on the bike (touring, standard, sport mode)?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thank you for the recommendation. Do you think that a tune using the pv3 will cause issues with any of the ride modes that come standard on the bike (touring, standard, sport mode)?
Not at all. In fact I told Craig that I wanted to adjust the throttle sensitivity, to set the stock tour mode to standard and reduce the touring mode 30%. Not only did he meet those requests, but the engine runs and performs much better. There is a lot that goes into tuning, some dealers advertise to dyno the bike. If you want to dial your bike in better, for an additional $300 Craig will have you log 10 - 30 minute rides and send him the data. He will be able to make adjustments on your bike, your weight, in real time riding conditions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Second the PV3 tuner through FuelMoto, but contact CraigB. Hu
PCV3 for a tuner. Purchase though FuelMoto and get tunes and the best support. Also they have remote tuning services.
I appreciate the recommendation. Do you think after a tune I would have an issue with any of the ride modes since the
Not at all. In fact I told Craig that I wanted to adjust the throttle sensitivity, to set the stock tour mode to standard and reduce the touring mode 30%. Not only did he meet those requests, but the engine runs and performs much better. There is a lot that goes into tuning, some dealers advertise to dyno the bike. If you want to dial your bike in better, for an additional $300 Craig will have you log 10 - 30 minute rides and send him the data. He will be able to make adjustments on your bike, your weight, in real time riding conditions.
Wow, that is great. That is exactly what I was hoping to find out! I really appreciate the information! I will give them a call tomorrow to order the Tuner and additional tuning services. Thank you so much!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts