Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the 2019s come with the handlebars pre wired? My dealer wants 3 hours to do them and said they had to run wires on the 2018 they just did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
369 Posts
Anyone know if the 2019s come with the handlebars pre wired? My dealer wants 3 hours to do them and said they had to run wires on the 2018 they just did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am not sure if they are pre-wired ( I would think so) but I had them installed on my 2019 Chief dark horse and the dealer charged me for 1 hour of labor only.

·
Registered
527 Posts
No wiring for them at all
19s gross plug into the controls inside the housings

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
527 Posts
Wiring for switch is the already there
Just like the grips, just install switch and plug it in

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
3,719 Posts
I put heated grips on my 2018. Everything is wired already inside the switch blocks.

The toughest part is getting the old left grip off, but a strap wrench does the job. Some people have had to cut them off.
Second hardest is getting the right switch block shell to go back on. The locating lugs are finicky and need to be in exactly the right spot for it to close.

The switch is also prewired but you need to look carefully to put it in the right way. The hi/lo markings are very faint but glow at night. The double chevron points forward.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts