Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just got my FTR 1200 S the other week. LOVE IT! Except for the mirros. Ordered the Highsider Victory Bar End Mirros from Cycle Gear but the mirror mounts I bought for the 7/8" do not fit. I also tried the CRG mounts and they also don't fit. Seems like the sleeves are too big (but can change them with the stock ones) but also seems the bolts are too skinny compared to the stock? Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ordered the 7/8ths. They need to specifically be for aluminum? Know where I can find them? Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The bolt to screw in seems to be smaller (skinnier) than the stock bolt. But the hole in the aftermarket bar end isn't big enough for me to put the stock (bigger) bolt into it.

·
Silver member
5,505 Posts
The aftermarket bar end mirrors didn’t come with their own expanders? Or are the original expanders still stuck in the bars?

(I’m confused)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not the expanders. The actual black bar end piece the hole is not big enough. No clue why these don't fit properly.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I disliked the stock mirrors so much they were swapped out within a week of ownership.

Luckily, I had some spare Aprilia mirrors, also used on the Moto Guzzi 1200 Sport. The shape of them looks much better, but more important I can see more of the road behind me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts