Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and found some earlier bike information regarding transporting a bike but I still have some questions about a newer 2019 bike?

1. If I trailer my bike I need to disconnect the battery or keep the FOB in the saddle bag?
2. If I do not click the key FOB button twice I can trailer the bike without the alarm going off when the FOB is in the truck.
3. If I do click the key FOB button twice I cannot trailer or move the bike without the alarm sounding off?
4. To disable the alarm I press the unlock button on the key FOD once or twice?

Tim

·
Registered
55 Posts
Why don’t you keep the don in the tow vehicle and when you stop over or leave it you can click the don to turn the alarm off. If I tow I don’t set the alarm nor do I leave the don on the bike. It will drain the battery over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
I trailed mine 200 miles from the dealership and my alarm never went off.i had the fob in the cab of the truck.Its a 2019 Chieftain Limited.If that helps a all Rich

·
Bronze member
2,572 Posts
No need to disconnect the battery. Really no need to set the alarm while towing. Keep the fob in the truck. If you feel it’s necessary, set the alarm when you stop for meals, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts