Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve searched high and low through threads on here for information on fairing speakers for a 2019 Chieftain. I found one thread that makes a little mention on the topic but not very much info. Has anyone bought and installed aftermarket speakers on a 2019 Chieftain without the need to cut off/splice the factory wiring. I know it has a quick connect end from bike to speaker but I can’t find an adapter on the internet which can make it easy for traditional aftermarket speakers to connect in this way. Is the Powerband upgrade the only option without doing something that will potentially void my warranty? Any help, suggestions will be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
So I’ve searched high and low through threads on here for information on fairing speakers for a 2019 Chieftain. I found one thread that makes a little mention on the topic but not very much info. Has anyone bought and installed aftermarket speakers on a 2019 Chieftain without the need to cut off/splice the factory wiring. I know it has a quick connect end from bike to speaker but I can’t find an adapter on the internet which can make it easy for traditional aftermarket speakers to connect in this way. Is the Powerband upgrade the only option without doing something that will potentially void my warranty? Any help, suggestions will be appreciated.
Check this out.

·
Registered
2019 Chieftain Limited
3 Posts
Recently I was installing my old Biketronics speakers and amp in a buddy’s Street Glide and called them with a question. They said their amps, or had amps, that will work. No mention of speakers. That being said, I upgraded the fairing speakers in my Chieftain with the Indian PowerBand from them and am very pleased.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Recently I was installing my old Biketronics speakers and amp in a buddy’s Street Glide and called them with a question. They said their amps, or had amps, that will work. No mention of speakers. That being said, I upgraded the fairing speakers in my Chieftain with the Indian PowerBand from them and am very pleased.
Cool. I was torn on paying the high price for the Powerband after reading others mentioning that they didn’t feel it was enough of an upgrade from stock.

I wear a full face helmet with ear plugs and have the Tab Performance Zombie’s so I don’t hear much of my music above 70mph. I also want a little more bass but not at the cost of potentially voiding my warranty lol. I probably will at some point just go with the Powerband upgrade.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I got lucky, and found a set of gently used powerband speakers for half the retail cost. They are a significant improvement over the stock speakers. I wanted better sound, but didn't want to go through the hassle of retro-fitting aftermarket speakers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got lucky, and found a set of gently used powerband speakers for half the retail cost. They are a significant improvement over the stock speakers. I wanted better sound, but didn't want to go through the hassle of retro-fitting aftermarket speakers.
I wish I was as lucky. I looked for some at a lower price with no success. I ended up ordering them through Indian last week but a majority of people I’ve spoken to (including the service technician) have said they don’t see them as being worth the price Indian is asking. As a result I may just return them when they call to tell me they’ve arrived. I’ll just enjoy the sounds of the Zombies and wind above 70mph lol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update
I ended up purchasing the Powerband Audio speakers and installed them (plug n play). After configuring the EQ to a sound my ears liked, I took the horse for a spin on the freeway at speeds above 70 mph. The sound is much better than stock and LOUD. The highs, mids and lows are all noticeably better just as Indian claims which surprised me. I wear a full face helmet along with ear plugs and have Tab Performance Zombie slip ons. I didn’t turn the volume pass 5 and could hear the lyrics/sound crystal clear. They are expensive so I recommend getting them when a sale is offered. Really nice speakers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts