Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2019 Indian Cheiftain Darkhorse and put midrise bars on it. I ordered the Klock Works 14" but it will not work with the midrise bars because the tabs on each side hit the mirrors. I've been looking everywhere and can't find an aftermarket windshield without the tabs. Please help if anyone knows someone that makes one and I'm hoping it flares at the top like the Klock Works. Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have a picture and I already sent it back. You can't even mount it because it hit the windshield and it's about an 1" away from laying flat. I called Klock works and they told me to loosen my bars and lean them back to clear them. They said if it still doesn't fit loosen the controls and roll them back a bit so the mirrors do hit. There is no way I'm doing either of those two things. It wasn't even close. The frustrating part is they show them in there advertising with midrise bars but later noticed there advertising doesn't have mirrors on their bikes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have your bars pulled back? Do you have a side picture? Mine wasn't even close. There was no way it was going on my bike.

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
Wonder if the 14” is that much wider? Hot off the presses, rolled Brutus out of the garage. Wonder if your bars are pushed up all the way? Mine are pulled back a bit.

6D89FA4B-1974-41A6-A33E-6EA43CBA1201.jpeg

50A493FF-E13E-4A06-BF1A-5BF6F81FD5E0.jpeg

398AB1DA-056A-4322-B85B-6CA75188A389.jpeg

BF597EA1-3A2B-4DD3-ACA8-C60EB7BE4B3B.jpeg

·
Founding member
1,468 Posts
I can't imagine a set of handlebars that would go upward and forward so much that they would hit the windshield on a Chieftain. I've seen some awkward and ugly looking (imo) bars mounted on some of these bikes but nothing that would hit the windshield. As in the case of Christopher2 above. All the apes I've seen are like that with plenty of room to play with.

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
I can't imagine a set of handlebars that would go upward and forward so much that they would hit the windshield on a Chieftain. I've seen some awkward and ugly looking (imo) bars mounted on some of these bikes but nothing that would hit the windshield. As in the case of Christopher2 above. All the apes I've seen are like that with plenty of room to play with.
I would like to see a pictures of his bars doesn’t take much to lean these back a bit with the bars having an almost horizontal section before bending up to create the mid rise.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
These are stock Indian Midrise bars and are mounted correctly by the dealer. I'm 6'2" and they are perfect and tucked up tight like they are supposed to be.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
Your welcome, just make sure you measure height correctly. The shield is measured from the center mounting screw to the top of the shield. Seen a few people measure wrong.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just bought a 2019 Indian Cheiftain Darkhorse and put midrise bars on it. I ordered the Klock Works 14" but it will not work with the midrise bars because the tabs on each side hit the mirrors. I've been looking everywhere and can't find an aftermarket windshield without the tabs. Please help if anyone knows someone that makes one and I'm hoping it flares at the top like the Klock Works. Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
0799D1B4-4566-40EA-9DA0-71485F6D2753.jpeg
902530CE-513A-4C25-A72F-41702BB7F6CF.jpeg
I have the Klock Werks 12 inch windshield. As you can see in the photos the windshield is close to the bars but doesn’t hit. These mid riser bars are not pulled back or pushed forward. I ride with my windshield in the down position 99 percent of the time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm not pulling my bars back too make it fit. I'm 6'2" and got the mid rise for the comfort and pulling them back first won't be where I eant them and second it looks funny when they are not straight up and tucked against the dash like they are supposed to be.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts