Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone changed the tail lights on your 2019 bobber? Clearly they are wired different than the 18. I have joker machine dual rat eye tails and got an intensifier to run both lights at the same time as the driving, blinker, and brake light but it uses ground signal for the blinker and not 12v... so this goes over my head

red-constant 12v
Brown- ground
White- brake and blinker (but it uses ground signal)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this is the only person ive seen do them so far hope it helps.
Thank you for the reply duces but I’ve watched this and that’s where the huge problem is. The 2019 is wired different by what I can tell from watching this. The 18 must have used a 12v signal for the blinkers where the 19 uses a ground and I am pretty good with wiring but I can’t think of any way to make it work correctly and reliably with ground signal

·
Registered
56 Posts
US Bobber Red and Amber.jpeg
US Bobber Rear Light Red Only.jpeg
I'm not sure what the 18 looks like (I assumed they were the same) but you can use relays to make anything work as long as you have a +12v and a Ground. These are drawings I got from this forum (and I'm sorry I don't have them credited, please let me know and I will edit this post) and they work perfectly. I use the Rizoma lights with red for brake and amber for turn, which requires 3 separate signals (tail, brake, turn) and these drawings made it work with the 2019 Bobber.

US Bobber Rear Light Red Only.jpeg

·
Registered
161 Posts
View attachment 530592 View attachment 530590 I'm not sure what the 18 looks like (I assumed they were the same) but you can use relays to make anything work as long as you have a +12v and a Ground. These are drawings I got from this forum (and I'm sorry I don't have them credited, please let me know and I will edit this post) and they work perfectly. I use the Rizoma lights with red for brake and amber for turn, which requires 3 separate signals (tail, brake, turn) and these drawings made it work with the 2019 Bobber.

View attachment 530590
No worries I think that community member djcutnpaste doesn't mind. He is a mad magician, and provided many wiring diagrams that made it all work in the end. My opinion is to research all the older posts regarding wiring the bobber rear lights. I have many posts that should help, also research members:
djcutnpaste, riteonjohn, Quangtungnguyen, pkang, Jasonfast, RockettMan.

Honestly, I have not heard much with regards to the wiring setup on the 2019 bobber, I would be surprised if Indian changed things up from the 18 model. However, sadly I have been disappointed by the Indian team many times over. Still a great bike. Ride Safe, Aaron

·
Registered
12 Posts
Has anyone changed the tail lights on your 2019 bobber? Clearly they are wired different than the 18. I have joker machine dual rat eye tails and got an intensifier to run both lights at the same time as the driving, blinker, and brake light but it uses ground signal for the blinker and not 12v... so this goes over my head

red-constant 12v
Brown- ground
I have a 2019 Bobber and have the exact same lights on my bike as well.

It's easy with the intensifiers you have from Joker Machine. You just have your white wire from the bike mixed up, White is actually the ground. Wire your intensifier like I wrote on the image and it will work fine. You don't need a relay or any of that.
f82456f558d25a2373d1a16117002531_3424x.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

It's easy with the intensifiers you have from Joker Machine. You just have your white wire from the bike mixed up, White is actually the ground. Wire your intensifier like I wrote on the image and it will work fine. You don't need a relay or any of that. View attachment 530704
Thank you for the reply quaili I worked on it this morning before I seen your post and I wired them like the video above shows (which I still have no idea what’s in the intensifier that makes it works) and I used a test light and it showed the white is actually the wire flashes when the signals were actuated. But none the less they work but by watching the video I went on his wiring of where to put the 12v wire and he has it on the purple wire from the intensifier and although it does work my running lights are pretty dim especially for daytime. So my question is With yours since you have the red 12v wire going to the blue are your running lights very dim? Everything else on mine works fine like this but just the dim running lamps I don’t like Thank you all very much again!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Glad you got it working.

Yes my running lights are also a bit dim for daytime but they're visible enough for me. The brake and turn are very bright though.

From what I've seen with the dual rat eyes on other bikes, it's just the way they are. Even on other manufacturers the run mode appears dim.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glad you got it working.

Yes my running lights are also a bit dim for daytime but they're visible enough for me. The brake and turn are very bright though.

From what I've seen with the dual rat eyes on other bikes, it's just the way they are. Even on other manufacturers the run mode appears dim.
Thanks a lot again for the reply that’s exactly what I needed to know! Just glad I don’t have to tear it back down!!

·
Registered
1 Posts

red-constant 12v
Brown- ground
Have you figured out this problem? I'm trying to use the custom dynamics all in on tail/brake tune signals and tag light. I can get the tag light working and running light but i cant figure out how to get the Brake and Turn Signal to work

·
Registered
2 Posts

It's easy with the intensifiers you have from Joker Machine. You just have your white wire from the bike mixed up, White is actually the ground. Wire your intensifier like I wrote on the image and it will work fine. You don't need a relay or any of that. View attachment 530704

I have installed this on my 2020 Bobber exactly the same and I have no running lights, brakes and turn work. Any advice?

Thanks

·
Registered
161 Posts
Going off the wiring diagram provided by @djcutnpaste, I was able to rewire the rear lights from stock to an upgraded LED flex strip. The final result is it activates as a brake light, both left and right turn signal, and emergency flasher. However, to answer your question once it was all complete and tested before the final assembly I did notice that my front turn signals that are located on the handlebars worked properly as turn signals and emergency flashers, however, they do not illuminate at all times, which sadly means no running lights. I would prefer that they are on at all times but it is not a deal-breaker for me. Maybe, once I attempt to redo the wiring I will troubleshoot to fix this small issue. However, all the lights work as needed so it is not a huge priority at this time. I would have to refer you to the granddaddy wizard of electrical concerns @djcutnpaste. Best of luck, and if you haven't already, take a look at older posts between myself and @djcutnpaste regarding this exact issue.
Ride Safe, Aaron

1 - 14 of 14 Posts