Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for procedures on how to remove my 2019 and up Chieftain outer fairing.

Putting in the dynamat next week and wanted to get a head start on fairing removal.

Searched and found a few on the older style, nothing on new style. I don't want to break anything because I missed a screw or did not know to pri something off.

TIA!

Kevin

·
Registered
194 Posts
Should be somewhat the same as the 18’s and older. Need to remove 5 bolts for windshield. I believe there’s 4 top bolts then two on each side. On my 18 the front bezel and headlight must be removed first. It’s not to difficult of a task. Put a clean towel on your front fender just in case you drop a bolt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, thanks. Started on it and it appears to be similar but the headlight bezel needs to be removed and then the headlight, then the fairing. Found a headlight replacement video online.
Looking easier than I thought so far.
Headlight video online showed them using torx tips, mine are allen heads screws.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I was very reluctant doing it myself but I did the same looking up YouTube vids. It’s easier than you think. Just keep track of the lower bolts on the backside. Not sure if there’s a difference but there was two different sizes. Oh and don’t forget the bolts for speakers and there will be bolts in there as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, got it off. The middle part of the fairing screws (one each side) are longer than the others. Same length as the top four.
The top four are best removed with a long ball end allen socket.
Online they struggled with the speaker covers, I removed the two lower screws and covers came right off.

Dynamat will be going in tomorrow, also doing the hard cases so I will start another thread on that.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Put in year and model, then select
BODY, FAIRING ASM 1
BODY, FAIRING ASM 2
BODY, FAIRING ASM 3
BODY, FAIRING ASM 4

1 - 8 of 8 Posts