Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post, but here goes. Well I'm scheduled to have 585 cams installed on my chieftain in a few days, so I checked and dynojet doesn't have any 585 cam tunes for 2019 chieftains:cautious:. How are the people with 2019 chieftains who ordered their pv3 from dynojet getting tunes for 585 cams? For reference, i have a 2019 chieftain with Rinehart tru duals, hi flow intake, and soon 585 cams......which i won't be able to ride anymore until I find a tune:LOL::LOL:

·
Registered
914 Posts
Is that the lloyd’z cams? If you already have a Dynojet tuner you can track down a local or semi local shop with a dyno and experience with a Dynojet tuner. You’ll be able to get a custom tune. I have heard really good things about the high end shift in power with that cam set up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes they're Lloydz cams. I figured dynojet would have a tune for them seeing as they're kinda a really popular cam for 111 engines. Now I'm thinking that I should've ordered the pv3 from fuelmoto since they seem to have the tunes available. As it sits now, ill have to trailer it home on the 26th without a tune. Can't cancel the appointment because I've been on the waiting list for over a month with my local Indian dealer. As far as local, the closest reputable tune shop is about 3-4 hours away🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
914 Posts
Yes they're Lloydz cams. I figured dynojet would have a tune for them seeing as they're kinda a really popular cam for 111 engines. Now I'm thinking that I should've ordered the pv3 from fuelmoto since they seem to have the tunes available. As it sits now, ill have to trailer it home on the 26th without a tune. Can't cancel the appointment because I've been on the waiting list for over a month with my local Indian dealer. As far as local, the closest reputable tune shop is about 3-4 hours away🤦‍♂️
Well that sucks. In my experience of canned tuna you either get a custom from craigb or you try to find a Dynojet that works. They had exactly 3 tunes that were even compatible with my 19 rm and none of them were really close to my setup. It might be worth seeing what Craig would charge for something. Or maybe even worth buying another pv3 from fuel moto and getting that 1st tune.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Follow up thought, I think Craig does offer a remote tuning service where you do data logs and send him the info.

Reactions: Kost

·
Registered
914 Posts
How would I go about getting in contact with Craig? That seems like my best option.

Looking at their site they offer a free tune for their customers. There’s nothing on there about the remote tuning, but I’m positive it’s been mentioned. There’s a phone number on that page that’s worth calling.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I started reading through the forums, and I don't think he would be able to help me since I didn't purchase it from fuelmoto....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Even their website says that if it was purchased elsewhere, to contact dynojet for maps or technical support. So I may be screwed 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
914 Posts
Even their website says that if it was purchased elsewhere, to contact dynojet for maps or technical support
Well it might be worth the money to just buy a new tuner from them. Figure out your travel costs and dyno costs for going to that shop. Should be a pretty clear decision.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bought it directly from dynojet, so I won't need it unlocked. About how much is his subscription, and will he tune it even if I didn't buy it from fuelmoto?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh thanks!! Had no idea that was how it worked. Hopefully he'll be able to make an exception and work some magic for me

·
Registered
87 Posts
Oh thanks!! Had no idea that was how it worked. Hopefully he'll be able to make an exception and work some magic for me
Were you able to get a tune from CraigB, and if so, how does the bike perform now? I'm considering having the Lloydz 585 cams installed in my '19 Chieftain Limited, and would appreciate your input.

·
Rider
1,568 Posts
I dont know of Craig is back up and running yet from medical. If you call fuel moto they for a fee can send you a canned tune and or remote tuning service as can lloyds.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Contact Llodz. They do remote tuning and may have some tunes to start with. I talked to them at Sturgis. You take your bike to Indian dealer and work the remote tuning that way. I believe Lloydz uses wideband sensors installed at dealer, call Lloydz for details.

·
Registered
87 Posts
First post, but here goes. Well I'm scheduled to have 585 cams installed on my chieftain in a few days, so I checked and dynojet doesn't have any 585 cam tunes for 2019 chieftains:cautious:. How are the people with 2019 chieftains who ordered their pv3 from dynojet getting tunes for 585 cams? For reference, i have a 2019 chieftain with Rinehart tru duals, hi flow intake, and soon 585 cams......which i won't be able to ride anymore until I find a tune:LOL::LOL:
I recently had Lloydz 585 cams installed in my '19 Chieftain Limited at Coastal Indian in Myrtle Beach. Tim (one of the owners) talked me into letting them do the full blown dyno tune. It added `$400 to the total cost of the job, but in my opinion, it's well worth it. My bike runs better than ever. I bought a PV3 from FuelMoto, and had gotten three tunes from Craig for my stage 1 setups. All the tunes definitely improved the bikes performance, but the dyno tune really dialed it in. I don't regret spending the extra $400.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Contact Llodz. They do remote tuning and may have some tunes to start with. I talked to them at Sturgis. You take your bike to Indian dealer and work the remote tuning that way. I believe Lloydz uses wideband sensors installed at dealer, call Lloydz for details.
You can also contact Ryan @ RVS Performance, he's very knowledgeable with Indian\Polaris PV3 tuning and currently has some established mapping for 2019 116. He can akso work remotely with your local dyno tuner if needed. Great Guy to work with. I'm currently running one of his established mapping and couldn't be happier.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts