Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Silver member
4,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been an interesting week for me. I've been up at FuelmotoUSA's new shop working with Jamie and a Dynojet Software Engineer. I will go in more detail on this below, but when I was at the airport this morning preparing to come home, I had a dyno chart in my inbox.

A little background here, there are not many tunes available for the 2019 bikes yet, so when I had the opportunity to tune a 2019 116" bike, I was excited. I've been working with the owner to tune his 116" using our Advanced Remote Tuning Service. This service entails using the road surface and the mass of the bike and rider to duplicate a dyno pull(s). By riding the bike in various load and RPM combinations and recording the data from the ECU using the PVCX/PV3 we are able to apply our custom equations to tune the client's bike. I've found the resulting tune addresses operating conditions that the rider experiences and results in a very well tuned engine. The client wanted to do a Dyno run afterward just to see the end result, this was sent me this today. Overall very nice curve and according to the owner, the rideablity is very nice!
116" Pull - CB tune.jpg

Now more on what I've been up to this week. I've cementing a closer arrangement with Jamie and FuelmotoUSA. I will be working through FuelmotoUSA to provide Indian tune request and support. I am truly excited! But, what is really exciting and to achieve this more effectively is the work we did this week with Jamie and Dynojet's software engineer. Jamie has been deeply involve with tuning product development since he first opened his shop in the early 2000's (heck it goes back to the late 1990's). That relationship has resulted in some very cool products and features over the years. I'm proud to be part of that!

Over the course of this week (with 12 plus hour days) we were able to go through our custom equations, enhanced them further with Dynojet's Power Core software as well as verify the performance on the dyno using both Indian's and on another project Harley Davidson's. It was super cool to watch how close my tune (using our custom equations) came to Jamie's tune using his experience and toolset. It was a great test and verification of our process.

The Dynojet Power Core software is a very power tuning tool and it was fun working with one of their software engineers and Jamie to close the loop on a number of features and enhancements. There are some really cool features that I believe will result from this session and others. I'll leave it to Jamie to fill-in more of the details.

This is going to be an exciting year for me and Fuelmoto pushing Indian performance further!

·
Bronze member
3,049 Posts
wow... so now a guy has to add the cost of a tire or two every year to the cost of your big bore;)

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
It has been an interesting week for me. I've been up at FuelmotoUSA's new shop working with Jamie and a Dynojet Software Engineer. I will go in more detail on this below, but when I was at the airport this morning preparing to come home, I had a dyno chart in my inbox.

A little background here, there are not many tunes available for the 2019 bikes yet, so when I had the opportunity to tune a 2019 116" bike, I was excited. I've been working with the owner to tune his 116" using our Advanced Remote Tuning Service. This service entails using the road surface and the mass of the bike and rider to duplicate a dyno pull(s). By riding the bike in various load and RPM combinations and recording the data from the ECU using the PVCX/PV3 we are able to apply our custom equations to tune the client's bike. I've found the resulting tune addresses operating conditions that the rider experiences and results in a very well tuned engine. The client wanted to do a Dyno run afterward just to see the end result, this was sent me this today. Overall very nice curve and according to the owner, the rideablity is very nice!
View attachment 516844
Now more on what I've been up to this week. I've cementing a closer arrangement with Jamie and FuelmotoUSA. I will be working through FuelmotoUSA to provide Indian tune request and support. I am truly excited! But, what is really exciting and to achieve this more effectively is the work we did this week with Jamie and Dynojet's software engineer. Jamie has been deeply involve with tuning product development since he first opened his shop in the early 2000's (heck it goes back to the late 1990's). That relationship has resulted in some very cool products and features over the years. I'm proud to be part of that!

Over the course of this week (with 12 plus hour days) we were able to go through our custom equations, enhanced them further with Dynojet's Power Core software as well as verify the performance on the dyno using both Indian's and on another project Harley Davidson's. It was super cool to watch how close my tune (using our custom equations) came to Jamie's tune using his experience and toolset. It was a great test and verification of our process.

The Dynojet Power Core software is a very power tuning tool and it was fun working with one of their software engineers and Jamie to close the loop on a number of features and enhancements. There are some really cool features that I believe will result from this session and others. I'll leave it to Jamie to fill-in more of the details.

This is going to be an exciting year for me and Fuelmoto pushing Indian performance further!
Very nice! What options other than Stage3 are on this bike? I have yet to get a post-tune Dyno chart on mine... Curious to compare.

·
Bronze member
2,380 Posts
I wish I knew of a way to convert those Axis dyno numbers to DynoJet SAE numbers... But the shape of the curves is best I've seen !

·
Silver member
4,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very nice! What options other than Stage3 are on this bike? I have yet to get a post-tune Dyno chart on mine... Curious to compare.
Voodoo A/C, Fuelmoto Jackpot Header, V&H Turn down slip-ons. It is a good combinations, basically what I run, except I have the Fuelmoto 4" slash-cuts and I am trying out a larger A/C filter in my Voodoo.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Voodoo A/C, Fuelmoto Jackpot Header, V&H Turn down slip-ons. It is a good combinations, basically what I run, except I have the Fuelmoto 4" slash-cuts and I am trying out a larger A/C filter in my Voodoo.
Hi Craig for Brads peace of mind you should have posted the AFR during the ramp run - lol

·
Bronze member
2,137 Posts
Great news Craig!

So this power session has unlocked a number of new PowerCore software features and has helped further optimizing the equations as well ... veeeery interesting :)

In addition your session with Jamie and "the Dynojet software engineer" has verified the quality (and methodology) of your (ARTS) road tuning approach!
(This healthy chart is the outcome)

Indeed ... very cool all this!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
1,287 Posts
The same set up as I am running!

Reactions: CraigB1960

·
483 Posts

View attachment 516844

Craig did a spot on job tuning this example, and it shows!

We had an awesome week with Craig and Dynojet for sure. The advancements we are working on are certainly going to help the community of users with Dynojet products, the most exciting aspect for Fuel Moto is we are able to further advance our proprietary applications and we will be working with Dynojet engineers closer than ever. We're already adding enhancements to our tunes and support level, lots of great things we'll be announcing soon.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Craig did a spot on job tuning this example, and it shows!

We had an awesome week with Craig and Dynojet for sure. The advancements we are working on are certainly going to help the community of users with Dynojet products, the most exciting aspect for Fuel Moto is we are able to further advance our proprietary applications and we will be working with Dynojet engineers closer than ever. We're already adding enhancements to our tunes and support level, lots of great things we'll be announcing soon.
What sort of proprietary applications are you going to offer?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Rider
1,161 Posts
CRAIG !!!!!

that torque curve so thick i'ma call it Jessica Simpson !!!!!

·
Silver member
4,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What sort of proprietary applications are you going to offer?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
It is like the Staples Button, but a Tuner Button instead, press it and......LOL. Just kidding, some cool stuff for sure. Got to wait until it comes to fruition before letting it out.

·
Bronze member
1,287 Posts
It is like the Staples Button, but a Tuner Button instead, press it and......LOL. Just kidding, some cool stuff for sure. Got to wait until it comes to fruition before letting it out.
Inquiring minds need to know!!

·
Bronze member
2,380 Posts
It's going to be a "tune mode" - where the PV3 flashes 14.7 in a selection of target AFR cells and directs you to accomplish a lower RPM/Load sequence of operations. After which it re-flashes with updated VE table entries for the VE cells you "hit" with the sequence. It then will restart the whole process, leaving the previously corrected cells in all tables alone, have you perform a sequence of operations that hit VE cells, deeper into the RPM/Load range, and then re-flash those VE cells.. Until finally the entire VE table is corrected. Perhaps it will extrapolate/infer values for the top RPM/load cells in order to save the engine from having to operate "at the extreme" with a 14.7 AFR..

It will have the ability to do the same, using "better" AFR values, if the WBCX is installed..

Then you simply set the Target AFR Table values you want to use and your ME17 will "hit" them accurately !

Oh.. wait... Did I say all that out loud ? I was reading off my X-Mas list... sorry..

·
Silver member
4,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's going to be a "tune mode" - where the PV3 flashes 14.7 in a selection of target AFR cells and directs you to accomplish a lower RPM/Load sequence of operations. After which it re-flashes with updated VE table entries for the VE cells you "hit" with the sequence. It then will restart the whole process, leaving the previously corrected cells in all tables alone, have you perform a sequence of operations that hit VE cells, deeper into the RPM/Load range, and then re-flash those VE cells.. Until finally the entire VE table is corrected. Perhaps it will extrapolate/infer values for the top RPM/load cells in order to save the engine from having to operate "at the extreme" with a 14.7 AFR..

It will have the ability to do the same, using "better" AFR values, if the WBCX is installed..

Then you simply set the Target AFR Table values you want to use and your ME17 will "hit" them accurately !

Oh.. wait... Did I say all that out loud ? I was reading off my X-Mas list... sorry..
LOL, that would be ideal...but leaving out the IPW Comp tables in that mix and timing!

I must admit, I like the Power Vision for HD.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts