Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Indian Metro of Milwaukee indicated that the 2020 TS 116 high flow heads fit a 2018 TS 116 Big Bore kit? Really???

If that is indeed the case, has anyone else in the forum heard of this configuration being used?

Would appreciate an early experimenter's comments on whether this is a smart approach to another boost in performance???

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am very interested as well, hope someone meanwhile has an info about that very interesting question? Have a 2016 Springfield. With a BBK 116 for my 111 TS + the new high flow cylinder heads + a proper PVCX tune I should have gained current max performance as in 2020 is possible with stock performance parts. Sounds for me very interesting!...Everything above the crankshaft would be new, like the idea.

·
Bronze member
2,251 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I agree and just did forgot to mention that alternative. You are absolutely right! Bigger injectors are also needed. They are part of the stage 2 kit for stock 116 engines, thanks for thinking on that. ....If i would decide to let doing cylinder head work, I probably would choose a proper company in another country,......i'm living in Germany! :) .......Thanks for comment

·
Bronze member
2,251 Posts
I agree and just did forgot to mention that alternative. You are absolutely right! Bigger injectors are also needed. They are part of the stage 2 kit for stock 116 engines, thanks for thinking on that. ....If i would decide to let doing cylinder head work, I probably would choose a proper company in another country,......i'm living in Germany! :) .......Thanks for comment
Jeff at Vtwin certainly can "exchange" your heads against already built ones too ... just talk to him.
So you save "downtime" ...

Germany hmm? Ohne entstoepselte Auspuffanlage (Stopfen raushauen und mit ohne Kat ;)) und nen Schlaefer Luffikasten (hinten die Plastik Basisplatte "aufmachen" und die Drossel oben aus dem Schnorchel zum Rahmen rausfummeln, dann nen K&N Ersatz Filter rein) wird dir ein polierter/gemachter Zylinderkopf und/oder 116 BBK nix bringen! (Mussu aufpassen mit der Bullerei )
Ein Basis Flash fuer 116 (Stage3 BBK!) mussu dann aber auf den compi mit Polaris DigitalWrench gebraten bekommen! (weiss nich ob der Indian Haendler das mitmacht... frag vorher!)

Zum feintunen: Ulf Penner (Autor Tuningfiebel) in Bremen kennt sich mittlerweile mit dem Dynojet PV3 aus ;)

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk

·
Rider
648 Posts
Jeff at Vtwin certainly can "exchange" your heads against already built ones too ... just talk to him.
So you save "downtime" ...

Germany hmm? Ohne entstoepselte Auspuffanlage (Stopfen raushauen und mit ohne Kat ;)) und nen Schlaefer Luffikasten (hinten die Plastik Basisplatte "aufmachen" und die Drossel oben aus dem Schnorchel zum Rahmen rausfummeln, dann nen K&N Ersatz Filter rein) wird dir ein polierter/gemachter Zylinderkopf und/oder 116 BBK nix bringen! (Mussu aufpassen mit der Bullerei )
Ein Basis Flash fuer 116 (Stage3 BBK!) mussu dann aber auf den compi mit Polaris DigitalWrench gebraten bekommen! (weiss nich ob der Indian Haendler das mitmacht... frag vorher!)

Zum feintunen: Ulf Penner (Autor Tuningfiebel) in Bremen kennt sich mittlerweile mit dem Dynojet PV3 aus ;)

Cmoalen, is there any dyno charts showing the gains from this beadwork? I looked at the link, and going by the info on there I’m assuming the new valve springs they install will work with Loyds cams also?

·
Bronze member
2,251 Posts
Cmoalen, is there any dyno charts showing the gains from this beadwork? I looked at the link, and going by the info on there I’m assuming the new valve springs they install will work with Loyds cams also?
@Indian V-Twin Performance is a forum user. He is more qualifyed to answer.
But IF the 2020 heads from Polaris are "improved" and flow better (needing even bigger injectors in 2020 116 S2 upgrades) then those heads are most likely another good candidate.
As for his springs being able to handle the common high lift cams: yes! That's their purpose!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Maybe one these days we will have someone that will just swap a set of new Indian heads and get some numbers. Still wondering how well they perform vs the stock heads or even ported with new valves.... the wait continues ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts