Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
View attachment 452756 I was on my daily commute back home when the rain turned stronger .. Was in the left lane when a truck tried to quickly overtake and it skid towards me .. Tried to get out of the situation by quick maneuvering and speeding when the engine suddenly stopped responding to the revving. I was thankfully able to get out of the situation but was very cautious rest of the way. Just to be sure I slowed down a little and tried revving and as I had felt earlier, the engine stopped responding and the bike eventually stopped. Again thanking my stars here, the push start worked and the engine came back to life .. I got home safely. Its holiday time and the store is closed hence cannot take it in .. super worried what might be going on. I am inclined to believe it had something to do with the rain but I can be wrong here. Counting on the wisdom of this group to guide me in the right direction.

Context - Indian Springfield Dark Horse. Bought last April .. Had the second service done recently.

·
Rider
985 Posts
That's some scary shit. How recently was the service? is this the first ride since the second service?
Is their an engine code on the LCD? Try to cycle through the LCD display and see if there is an error code.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts