Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone got a question about the Stage 1, 2-1 exhaust. I was told through email by Polaris that:

"The new exhaust system will only fit on model years 2019-forward due to calibration compliance. Model years 2019-current have different airbox for the correct calibration.
Physically it will fit the model year 2018 but will not be able to be properly calibrated."

So, if I upgrade the airbox with the aftermarket intake, and do the calibration (which I'm assuming to mean the computer) seems like everything would be fine? Does anyone have any experience with this stuff?

Much appreciated, thanks a bunch

Sent from my annoying phone

·
Registered
403 Posts
if you are dead set on doing the indian exhaust yes in theroy that should work. But if it was me i would go after market there are so many better priced exhuast options for 2-1 and much better flowing intakes like the trask, zippers or S&S. then i would get a pv3 from fuelmoto for the tune. you could prob get all that for the same price as the indian 2-1 exhaust.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I just purchased Jekill & Hyde pipes for my 2018. I'll let you know how the installation goes but pretty much slip ons. They do not require a tune, however, I may find a tuner/dyno.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I finished the Dr Jekill and Mr Hyde pipe installation this afternoon on a 2018 Bobber! The pipes are AWESOME!

The installation went okay. I would say the installation diagrams are not detailed enough in order to provide clarity needed for total "trouble free" install.

One of the items, for the Scout bobber, is the fact that the servo motors, which are the devices that control the valve rotation within the pipe (open/close) that directs exhaust pathway, are connected to the valves with mechanical wires. There was a little bit of back and forth with the sales team regarding which pipe to install on the top and which pipe to install on the bottom. For the scout bobber, the pipe with the longer servo motor wire assembly goes on the top. I was able to figure most of it out and to be honest it was relatively easy from an effort perspective.

The pipes are fantastic they're smaller than the stock and the fact that you can switch between 80 decibel quiet legal sound and a wide open raw pipe is quite amazing!!! Highly recommended

1 - 4 of 4 Posts