Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When attempting to start, I get a POP noise, the starter switch stops working. My dash re-sets. This has been a re-occurring problem with this bike. Has anyone else seen this with their upgraded Roadmaster? It's not consistent, sometimes it starts - it does start hard when it's cold. Every once in a while I get a low voltage fault.

·
Rider
943 Posts
When attempting to start, I get a POP noise, the starter switch stops working. My dash re-sets. This has been a re-occurring problem with this bike. Has anyone else seen this with their upgraded Roadmaster? It's not consistent, sometimes it starts - it does start hard when it's cold. Every once in a while I get a low voltage fault.
The low voltage is most likely from a pause when trying to start the bike. If you hit the start button and the bike begins to crank but then pauses for a moment that's when you will get the ABS low voltage fault.

Where is the pop noise coming from? Speakers maybe? And does it do that when the bike pauses during cranking?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Two things.... One the starter may be bad. It was bad on my 111. Two, the battery could be going out. The 116 with a cam does put a higher load on starting. My 20RM with the 116 still has a bit of a hard start when it's cold outside.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts