Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my bike back from the dealer a few days ago and was told that I had to reset my PIN after the recall for the gear indicator switch. I forgot I had my fob in my jacket on the bike when I tried to start the bike with the master code. Long story short go to leave for work the next day, press the power button and the LCD screen opens up with an electronic keypad and prompts me to enter the master PIN? Anyone ever have this happen?

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
It is available on the 2018 and newer bikes with the latest RideCommand update.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
so how do you get this to work on an 18? I have it on my 19 roadmaster but not on my 18 chieftain
I have no idea...I have a 2017 and I just look on at all the new features with a tinge of envy, lol. Maybe it is 2019 and newer bikes...

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
so how do you get this to work on an 18? I have it on my 19 roadmaster but not on my 18 chieftain
My RM is a 2018, I updated the ride command software back in Jan
In that case, @purpleride, you would probably need to update your RC to the current version. That being said...on the website it differencates the RC updates into two groups, 2019 and earlier, and 2020+. If that is the case, I wonder if the on-screen PIN works on my 2017 as well?

Unless it is an update that the dealer has to do that is somehow different from the one available for download.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Funny, when I bought my 19 the tech that did the pre delivery checklist with me went over how to use the left hand control to enter the pin. I thought, man, hope I never have to do that. But it is just for emergencies so what the heck. Much to my surprise when I went to set my personal pin I was presented with the screen, SWEET! It's nice to go into the garage and fool with the bike and not worry about the fob and enter the key in 5 seconds. Sure hope the update is made available to all ride command years, good luck!

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
I have did the ride command update and I still dont have that option so must be when dealer updates
Yup...I just updated to the latest RC software, and still have to use the switch. Now that I recall, my master PIN changed when the VCU was replaced, so it must be a Digital Wrench update that the dealer does.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
KHAOS
535 Posts
If you do have this version it is really easy to set Rider Pin:

1.POWER ON
2. DRAG INDIAN LOGO Center Tab DOWN
3. SELECT SETTINGS - Upper R/H corner of display
4. SELECT VEHICLE - Scroll down to bottom of VEHICLE LIST
5. SELECT CHANGE ENTRY CODE
6. ENTER KNOWN CODE (MASTER OR RIDER)
7. PUT IN NEW CODE WHERE SHOWN