Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Indian Scout Bobber
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good day, yesterday i went on a ride thru bear mountain, the day was great, the ride was amazing, before heading back home to Brooklyn i stopped at a gas station to fill up, very stupidly i thought it would be a great idea to fill up the gas tank as much as possible since gas stations are limited in the mountains, i think i added almost 2 dollars extra after reaching the top of the tank, have no idea where the gas went, im riding back home was in 6th gear, decided to drop a gear and floor it, when i went to shift to 6th again it drop to 4th, as i gave it throttle i noticed the speed dropping and at one point the bike wouldn't go over 50-55, when i attempted to give it full throttle it sounded like i was revvig but no power given to the wheels, it took me about 2hrs to get home as oppose to 45mins, when i got home i decided to remove the tank and empty the rest of the gas and check if anything got loose, when i unclick the fuel line aloot of air came out, aggressively, ive taking the tank off to install a intake and that didnt happen, also i noticed one of the lines that comes out the bottom of the intake was disconnected, not sure if that happened when i went to remove the tank or if i rode it like that, i think my issue might be air in the fuel line, i found a video stating to remove the fuel pump fuse and attempt to start it, that will de pressurized it, i want to ask anyone here what i should do before i try it, someone else told me to run the bike till empty then refill it up again. i dont want to mess my bike up, any advice or videos would greatly help, i truly love my bobber and dont want to mess it up.

·
Registered
2018 Indian Scout Bobber
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think it might be bad gas, moisture got in, is that a result of the above issues?

·
Registered
208 Posts
as i gave it throttle i noticed the speed dropping and at one point the bike wouldn't go over 50-55, when i attempted to give it full throttle it sounded like i was revvig but no power given to the wheels,
Could it be a clutch issue? Have you tried checking if the clutch play is within specs?

·
Registered
2018 Indian Scout Bobber
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I havent, Thank you, i will check it out, today i twisted the throttle while off and its making a sound kind of like metal grinding i dont recall it doing that before, maybe it did. I made appt at the dealer tomorrow but was hoping i could get help trying to figure it out. Ill check it out now

·
Registered
2018 Indian Scout Bobber
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went to the dealer they say it possible my clutch is fried. If so would replecing the clutch pack fix the problem?

·
Registered
2018 Indian Scout Bobber
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like gas tank vent line is plugged, it is starving for fuel
The dealer is telling me my clutch might be fried, i truly dont think so, i have 1600miles on it, the clutch doesnt feel as tight, i drove it few miles to the dealer which if the clutch was bad wouldnt i not be able to ride it at all? I hear back weds, hopefully they are honest about the true issue, lets see if indian of mineola are as good as people say.

·
Bronze member
1,812 Posts
I've helped several friends that had clutch slipping issues when twisting the throttle. All they needed was a cable adjustment. If you've been riding with a slipping clutch, especially in the mountain, you may very well have fried the plates. There should always be a little handle movement when you pull the clutch in before you feel pressure. If yours is tight when you first pull the handle and all the way though the release then you have your answer.

Reactions: Jdiaz_718

·
Registered
2018 Indian Scout Bobber
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've helped several friends that had clutch slipping issues when twisting the throttle. All they needed was a cable adjustment. If you've been riding with a slipping clutch, especially in the mountain, you may very well have fried the plates. There should always be a little handle movement when you pull the clutch in before you feel pressure. If yours is tight when you first pull the handle and all the way though the release then you have your answer.
At the moment the when u squeeze the clucth it doesnt ingage till the last bit when letting go, no that i think about it i have felt the bike slipping in high gears and under hard throttle, i thought because it was belt driven thats just how they ride. I need to figure out how the clutch is adjusted for the next time that happens. If the clutch is fried, its the clutch pack that has to be replaced? Just want to be sure so im not over charged

·
Registered
2018 Indian Scout Bobber
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry just wanted to add i found a kevlar clutch pack and steel cable from barnett, considering my bike has, performance exhuast, ss intake and a tier 1 tuner, would this be a better option over stock? Thanks again for all the suggestions.

·
Registered
2018 Indian Scout Bobber
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey i want to say tank you, you where right, the clutch needed to be adjusted, i was losing sleep thinking it was much more serious, truly appreciate the advice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts