Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Disclaimer.... Relatively new to Indian so this might be a stupid question but here goes....

In the maintenance section of the Owner's Manual, in the Periodic Maintenance Table there is no reference of replacement fluids other than Oil, Brake and Fork. With my other bikes there are also Transmission and Primary fluids that need to be replaced periodically. Can someone explain why it is not necessary on the Indians? Again sorry if this is a stupid question but trying to understand this bike.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Harley has three holes, Indian has one. Much easier to service the Indian after years of DIY service on Harley.
Certainly seems a lot easier! I have never owned a Harley but rather a Honda Shadow, Yamaha Road Star, Big Dog K9 and Big Bear Chopper Sled Pro Street 300 and they all had the three hole set up. Do you know of any documentation where I can read more about the all in one system?

·
Bronze member
4,321 Posts
Thanks! Do you know of any documentation where I can read more about the all in one system?
The majority of motorcycles share the transmission with the engine. The engine oil is also the transmission oil. Harley, S&S engines are some that don’t.

·
Bronze member
3,472 Posts
keep in mind that you do have two drain holes.. so when you change the oil your draining it all but with two separate holes...

Reactions: dieselgman
1 - 11 of 11 Posts