Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my limited, I had the stock header with Cobra slips ons , and Indian cams. The sound was mellow but loud, when you got on it. I just had a Freedom header installed,
, and now you he sound of my bike, it reminds of a older car with glass packs.,
Do not like it.
Before I start, does anyone have a setup like mine and if you do , what is it.
Would like to see different config
I am thinking of first look at repacking the baffle, to see how that changes the sound of the pipes.
Had Reinhart before, a little louder than what I am looking for.
Never heard Bassani.
More money !!!o

·
Registered
16 Posts
On my limited, I had the stock header with Cobra slips ons , and Indian cams. The sound was mellow but loud, when you got on it. I just had a Freedom header installed,
, and now you he sound of my bike, it reminds of a older car with glass packs.,
Do not like it.
Before I start, does anyone have a setup like mine and if you do , what is it.
Would like to see different config
I am thinking of first look at repacking the baffle, to see how that changes the sound of the pipes.
Had Reinhart before, a little louder than what I am looking for.
Never heard Bassani.
More money !!!o
My 18 CDH has Indian Cams, Indian intake and Rinehart Slimline 2-1-2. Love the sound and performance. MOM's of Foxboro has a very good flash for this set-up. Not lean.....good response.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have solved my problem, I think. After looking on line , I called Freedom Performance and spoke with John Cortez in sales. Very nice young man, gave me what I needed, and said that it is available to all that would be interested, for the price I received from him. Below is what prices for my 2018 Chieftain Limited After talking to John I thought I might want the performance baffles also, so I ordered them and had the quiet ones installed and shipped to me, this way I just install them.

The baffles are supposed to be as easy as taking off the end captains pull them out. Will know in about a week and a half. They are behind because of the Coronavirus .
It matches the lowest I found on E-Bay. And I am dealing with the manufacturer.
Thought I pass it along

IN00041
2014-UP -INDIAN CHIEFTAIN / ROADMASTER / SPRINGFIELD/ CHALLNGER 20-UP - LIBERTY 4'' SLIP-ONS CHROME W/ CHROME TIPS (4") - [OPTIONAL : QUIET BAFFLE - AC00209]
FREEDO...
AC00209
QUIET BAFFLE FOR 4" SLIP-ONS (PR)
FREEDO...
* INSTALL QUIET BAFFLES *
* SHIP PERFORMANCE BAFFLES TOO *
Total
$750.00

Good Luck, everyone stay safe.
Vincent

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Follow up to previous post about quiet and performance baffles for Freedom Performance exhaust system

I took out the quite baffles, and put in the performance baffles.
It Sounds perfect now, and they are not really any louder, but the tone is much nicer.
I know most people would say , what do you expect.
But wanted to see.
The Indian Map is what’s installed .
The bike really has a lot of torque, it impressive how you can accelerate. It really runs strong.
Feel like my money was well spent
Stage 2 really makes the difference.
My 18 CDH has Indian Cams, Indian intake and Rinehart Slimline 2-1-2. Love the sound and performance. MOM's of Foxboro has a very good flash for this set-up. Not lean.....good response.
Since I already bought the header had to stay with the slip on.
But would consider next time

1 - 4 of 4 Posts