Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did they make a Red 18 Chieftain Elite or is this a 17 just rebadged with a different gas tank sticker and an extra 100 watts on the stereo?

·
Registered
313 Posts
this is actually an 18. you can tell by the cubes on the handlebars, the 18 that were in silver werent a big seller and is what dealers were doing is sanding the clear down and shooting a colored candy over them. i have seen them in blue, yellow, and orange this is the first red one that i have seen and i like it.
in 18 they fixed the engine noise, changed the hand controls and the speaker system. the easiest way to tell is the cubes on the handle bars if the volume control isnt the round pad and the windshield up down is on the right they are 18's.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this is actually an 18. you can tell by the cubes on the handlebars, the 18 that were in silver werent a big seller and is what dealers were doing is sanding the clear down and shooting a colored candy over them. i have seen them in blue, yellow, and orange this is the first red one that i have seen and i like it.
in 18 they fixed the engine noise, changed the hand controls and the speaker system. the easiest way to tell is the cubes on the handle bars if the volume control isnt the round pad and the windshield up down is on the right they are 18's.
Thank you for the clarification, I only knew the tank decal was different.
Btw in another forum, my username is Purplepride! Yeah I’m a Huge Vikings Fan!

·
Bronze member
3,352 Posts
that is a 2017 paint job... the 2018 Chieftain Elite was Black Hills Silver..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts